Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, y'all!

We FINALLY joined the 21st Century and bought a digital camera 2 days ago:clap ...our first "subject" was our overgrown pup:photo :dog .

Today I'll take a pic of the 3 (12 inch) squares (of different colors) that I've completed. I learned, too, that with this lacy pattern, I actually can use black!! I used to hate working with that color but I guess I didn't have the right pattern to properly show it off! You can teach an old "Boomer" new tricks after all:yay

hello every one

just here to say hi

i have to go to study

grrrrrrrr i wanna crochet but i cant

by the way ripple afghans started with 300sts and 70'' long how many yards does it needs in your imagenation :)????

Here's what I have so far. My camara doesn't seem to like taking pics of dark things and my squares don't like to lay flat. It seems like I should have more than just nine done. I thought bigger squares would be easier but now I'm thinking smaller squares would have been faster! Ain't I just a big ray of sunshine this morning?!?:sun

crochet071.jpg

Your doing better than I am Jessi, Very nice, they look burgundy. I have a couple of pieces I need to attach. I was attaching as I went orginally, but I wouldn't find a mistake till the end and have to frog. So now I crochet the whole circle and attach afterwards, for some reason that is working for me.

Here's what I have so far. My camara doesn't seem to like taking pics of dark things and my squares don't like to lay flat. It seems like I should have more than just nine done. I thought bigger squares would be easier but now I'm thinking smaller squares would have been faster! Ain't I just a big ray of sunshine this morning?!?:sun

crochet071.jpg

My Wheel Lattice squares don't lay that flat, either, but I'm thinking when they're joined together they'll even out:think

I've decided to go with a totally different fourth color rather than try to find a match and have it obvious that I tried and came up short. See what you think. I really do have lots of this color in my stash. This is Trouble, our minature schnauzer, on John & Kim's queen size bed.:dog I'd make a mint if I could bottle all her energy and sell it.

DCP_0960-1.jpgDCP_0959-1.jpgDCP_0961-1.jpg

The new color is a rich dark green. The color shows up the best in the first picture, I guess. I've added two rounds to the Greenbrier since last time. This one goes soooo sloooooow in comparison to the other one. It doesn't like to lie flat either.:blush

Jessi, if I were you - since all your squares are the same color - I would join them now. The curiosity would kill me if I didn't see how it looked all together!!:lol

I'm working on the 4th color from my stash now...off-white: already have one of each of black, soft sage and buff. When I get the yarn for my next project (Casablanca) I'll need lots more buff, from the same dye lot:P , so I'm using the old stuff for this BS.:hook

I like changing the colors - prevents boredom:devil

Linda, since the BS is all earth/neutral tones I think the green is just fine. You can work it in now and play with the order of the colors in the stripes as you go if you want to, too.:c9

Linda, I so loved your original colours and I was concerned about you adding another colour to it. I am so happy for you; that green is an excellent choice. you have a great eye for colours and patterns. Excellent!!!!!

Thank you Judi & Darski. :hug In the light of the sun the green is a piney, slightly blue-green. I've started the next dark brown row and I'm liking it even more. I sort of lost it last night when I found out what I'd done, but it's working and I can see the modified pattern in my head. If it's even close to what the BS looks like in the end, I think it's going to be very striking. I love these kind of colors. Things always seem worse in the dead of night, than they do in the daytime.

Fidgement - I loved your poem. What a neat way to start off our show and tell.:yay

Jesse - I love your pictures. It's going to be very impressive when you're done.:cheer:clap

Jessi - love your squares- they will look just fine once you join them !

Linda- the dark green will be great. Jimmie made an afghan awhile back with browns and greens and it was so pretty. It reminded me of camping in the woods. Very peaceful and relaxing .

Thanks for sharing your photos, guys !

What a spectacular show of work in progress. Jessi the squares will sit just fine when they are sewn together. I love that colour and the pattern.

Linda adding that green has enhanced the look of the spread ... very nice. You filet square is also very tempting.

I have been working on my Wips but yesterday I finally settled on the BS I am making. Now this will progress very slowly as I will only work on in between finishing other projects. I sewed 4 squares to see if I did like the pattern. I am pleased with it. :yay

2268956910058018460piPczj_th.jpg

Archived