New Free Crochet Pattern Site

yarndiva

Hey gang,

I was just surfing like crazy today (I should be crocheting/housekeeping) and I came across this site:

http://www.paramount.com.br/pingouin/index.php

The site is in Portuguese, but the patterns are in international symbol crochet so it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Click on Receita (Patterns) on the left side of the page.

Here is what you do:

1. Click on desired Magazine pic/cover.

2. You then are usually given one or two choices, free patterns from the magazine itself and web-only free patterns.

3. The patterns are in thumbnails, click on the one that tickles your fancy.

4. There will be a pop-up (disable pop-up blocker) and right click on the image (Save image as) on designated folder.

5. Click on the flashing icon "Proxima Pagina" and the pattern instructions will be loaded. Save the instructions (save image as) since they are in picture format.

6. Keep on clicking the flashing icon and keep saving image as every time you load a new picture. You will have opened all instruction pages if the last page does not have a flashing icon.

7. Print and make patterns as you please.

Clear as mud??

I have been checking this site several times over the last 3 days and it is back up and running, but they have removed the free patterns and revamping the free section. Hopefully they will put them back up soon.

cheers

Pauline

• 1 month later...

oh my goodness, I have fallen in love with the Blusa Eden..now I just have to either learn Portugese, or find a good translating device :P

Just waiting for new patterns now :) Thanks again for the heads up about this site

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thank you so much, so many pretties. It doesn't work for all of them, as some of the graphics don't cover whole projects, but for those who are interested, I used babelfish to translate bits and pieces to understand the graphs. Please keep in mind that babelfish doesn't always translate exact.

Manga - Sleeve

Busto - bust

Alto - top

Bico - peak

ponto fantasia - Fancy point

Vestido - dress

Blusa - Blouse

Frente - front

Costas - coasts

Ombro - shoulder

Esquema de montagem - motif layout?

Barrado - assembly