Prayer Shawl (and, oops, some knitting)

Amy

Here is my latest completed Prayer Shawl for the ministry at my church, using Lion Brand Home Spun in Barrington (I think):

nov060002.jpg

Also, here are some socks I've been working on. Details about them in my blog.

nov060003.jpg

nov060005.jpg

nov060008.jpg

oh very nice!! I've often thought of putting forth the idea at my church about starting a shawl ministry (I attend a large church, and thought SURELY i'm not the only one who yarn crafts), but it seems I always have so many other projects on the hooks that I'm afraid I wouldn't have time to devote to it. I love the color too :) Good job!!!

Also, a pat on the back to you :clap and everyone else who uses Homespun. I've tried and tried, utilizing various hook sizes too, and usually end up throwing it down. I just can't seem to adopt a love for this yarn, and I wish I could, because the projets its made with are always so nice, and it has such a lovely feel and drape to it.

Amy: I LOVE Barrinton!! In fact, I made that very shawl with that very color for a lady at church who has breast cancer!!! It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I'm sure the recipient of it is going to love it sooo much!! And those socks, wow!! They look comfy...I hope I can get the 4-needle thing down, myself!! :cheer:cheer:clap:clap:cheer:cheer

That's a beautiful shawl. That colour is so soothing.

I appreciate things made with pointy sticks just not those things :rofl It's a personal thing with me and socks - yours look lovely.

I too tried to get a shawl ministry started but that church was too small and I was the only real knit/crocheter in the bunch...sigh

But I carry on anyway.

I too tried to get a crochet/knit group started at church, but apparently I am the only one who does such things. :shrug So I too carry on with my own charity projects...

Love the shawl color!! And the socks are just so cool. Very nice work.

:clapOh AMy, how talented you are!!! I love each and everything!! How I could use a pair of them warm socks today, it is sooooooooooooo cold here in Iowa today, I feel like I have frostbite on my toes..lol...hubby is CHEEP when it comes to turning on the heat..That shawl is absolutly adorable!! GREAT work:manyheart

Archived