Anyone for a slipper CAL?

SeaShelly

Does anybody know where I can find a free pattern for a slipper that is really coushy, most all of them look too thin to be really comfy. I did find a cow slipper for one of the pairs I am going to make, but I want to make really nice slippers for my sisters.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I haven't tried this pattern so I can't guarantee how it will turn out, but it sounds cushy: Padded Sole Slippers. Have you also tried looking at the slippers section of Crochet Pattern Central?

Tina

Does anybody know where I can find a free pattern for a slipper that is really coushy, most all of them look too thin to be really comfy. I did find a cow slipper for one of the pairs I am going to make, but I want to make really nice slippers for my sisters.

I'm not having such good luck on my slippers. It takes me a long time to do up each of the squares and so I'm getting impatient. I also think they are too big but hey .. I'll just find someone with big feet to give them to.

I also started trying to make up the pocketbook slippers. I like the design and I just need to be more careful with my stitch counting. I think I'll finish these before I finish my square slippers.

Annie's Attic today has the baby socks as the free pattern - Friday Nov. 17th.

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

I have been thinking that this pattern could make a neat slipper pattern if done with yarn and a large hook. We all are amazed at how large a pattern gets when you move from thread to yarn so it could be a goodly size as well.

someone wanted a warm and cozy slipper - I think this would do that and more.

I guess I'm joining this cal. I am making the cowboy boot slippers for a baby shower next week at my dh's asking. I finished one last night. He is just oooing and aaaing over them. First time he's done that. kinda fun! :)

Guess I'm joining this CAL too! I actually made a pair of slippers yesterday using two strands of Caron's SS and the pattern at: http://www.geocities.com/gossgirl2/abislippers.htm. Super fast pattern, but mine turned out way small. They're cute though, I'm going to give them to my boss's 14 year old daughter. I'll be making another (bigger) pair for me!

I would like to try to make some slippers. I just realized that my 5 year old has none and I am thinking it would be fun to make her a pair. I saved a few patterns you wonderful ladies posted and am going to look into making her a pair. I'm still a beginner so I'm not sure how it will turn out though.

Hi Donna, I think you will really enjoy making slippers. They will go very quickly for little ones. It's just a matter of knowing when to stop getting bigger for little feet if you are following some of the adult patterns here.

I know I know - I need to take pics of everything I made! I even signed up for Photobucket and everything...but so far NO pics. I'm so bad. I promise I'll try to snap some tonight!

And I think the next pair I make I might even TRIPLE my Caron's SS - Oh, the Excitement!

We often post just a round or a bit of troubling instruction:

Rnd 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 10 ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 7 ch, 7 dc in last ch; working in rem lps from opposite side, dc in next 7 ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next 10 ch, 2 sc in last ch; join to first sc

Where did you have a problem? If it is about working along that other side it is just about doing what it says. You usually have at least one loop not used when you work a chain

Archived