Anyone for a slipper CAL?

SeaShelly

They make great Christmas gifts :ctree and they're quick and easy. I've tried this pattern successfully...

This one says it's for men, but I just scale down a little and use feminine colors for ladies:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/menslippers.html

Then this is the same basic pattern for babies...so cute:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevsbooties2.html

I'm going to make a pair for each of the ladies I work with at the animal shelter as gifts.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski,

Absolutely!! Great looking pattern!! I think my dad would love a pair of these!!

I wonder if I could sew on some sort of non-skid surface to the bottom...?

I need to do this like I need another hole in my head but I would like to make some baby booties. Or maybe some cute adult size for a family christmas exchange. Are we all doing different patterns or the same?

I think whichever patterns we like is fine.

I made one slipper last night from the first pattern I posted, and I had to frog the whole thing...long story, but it came out looking funky. LOL

Starting over this evening.

Darski,

Absolutely!! Great looking pattern!! I think my dad would love a pair of these!!

I wonder if I could sew on some sort of non-skid surface to the bottom...?

I use fabric paint, the stuff that comes inthe squeeze tubes with the fine point. It works great, kids love it too!:D You can personalize their slippers so that they know exactly what is theirs.

I would like to join this. I need to get on the ball for Pine Ridge anyway I can always make lots of slippers for them. I use this pattern a lot. It's easy, and warm. I love it. I've made about five pairs of these so far. Here's a sample (these are long gone, but to see what they look like...) I can't wait to see what patterns other people use, too.

Tina

I would like to join this. I need to get on the ball for Pine Ridge anyway I can always make lots of slippers for them. I use this pattern a lot. It's easy, and warm. I love it. I've made about five pairs of these so far. Here's a sample (these are long gone, but to see what they look like...) I can't wait to see what patterns other people use, too.

Tina

I think I'm going to switch to this pattern...at least I'll give it a shot tongiht. I love the ones you made!!

and Lunatic, great idea about the fabric paints, thanks. :)

I would love to join this slipper CAL. :yay I want to make the Drops Design slippers that was posted a few days ago or either Erika Knight's Turkish Slipper. I will pick up some yarn in the next few days and get started. Will post pics when done.

Hi! I will join this slipper along.I made one slipper last night and just love it.(It will be for my sister's birthday)The pattern I used is www.geocities.com/gossgirl2/abislippers.htm

To make it fit a women's size 7 I used a I hook.I used simply soft yarn.I have to finish the other slipper and plan to make more for hioliday gifts. Leslie

This is the pattern I used to make my first slipper, I still have yet to make a second one, but I want to do a few more pairs as well. Perhaps one for each of my sisters and friends for Christmas. Hmm...I need to start a list.

Sara to frog means to rip it out 'rip it, rip it, rip it...' (Like when you make a mistake and have to rip it out..) Get it? :2frog

Tina

:D (See all the new things you learn at Crochetville?)

Tina,

I made one slipper last night from your pattern!! WooHoo! It came out great...at first I could not figure out the pattern for the Version 1 cuff...I just couldn't wrap my brain around it, then I realized it meant to go UP AND DOWN and not around!! LOL

Thanks so much...and I love the tummy in your slipper pic! LOL

Yup, the UP and DOWN makes the 'ribbing'. And, I love that tummy too. :lol He used to try to get into all my pictures. He still wants me to take pictures of him; he's a monkey. :P

I can't wait to see your slippers Shelly! I want to get a pair started, too. I know I saw a pair of slippers someone here at Crochetville made up that were cool. I wanted to try them; but our computer crashed since then and I don't have it bookmarked... I'll probably just make another one of the pair I linked to... :hook

Tina

Tina,

I made one slipper last night from your pattern!! WooHoo! It came out great...at first I could not figure out the pattern for the Version 1 cuff...I just couldn't wrap my brain around it, then I realized it meant to go UP AND DOWN and not around!! LOL

Thanks so much...and I love the tummy in your slipper pic! LOL

Yay! :yay I found the slipper pattern I was talking about (in my last post.) Woo Hoo! I love this slipper pattern. It wasn't in 'accesories', so then I tried 'miscellaneous', then I tried 'clothing' and searched 'slippers'... :whewHere it is! And this is the thread it was in if you are curious....

Tina

Darski you are tempting me. I thought I knew which slipper pattern I was going to make. :wink Those are so cute. I guess I will have to tell myself, make these first, then those... :hook

Tina

*** Darski...that is SO CUTE!! Sheesh! At least I'll end up with lots of slippers to give away, huh? LOL

I got a little dog bite at work today...pray my finger doesn't hurt too badly to crochet tonight.

Sea Shelly :think I am just wondering where you work that you would get bit by a dog. I hope it isn't too bad. Do you know the dog? What if it had rabies? We had to put one of our dogs to sleep for that reason (it kept biting people in our family; namely our youngest son.)

Tina

Archived