Anyone for a slipper CAL?

SeaShelly

i knew it was huge when it was supposed to fit a size 6 and it was loose on my foot.

I think the problem is in the sole - it is just too big. I want to play with that pattern when I have a minute because i like the look of the slipper, just not the execution of the pattern; it needs work

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sigh Well here is my slippers. *If* (and that's a big if) I ever make them again, I would go down a hook or two. I guess I'll try crochet around some elastic or something, to keep them on his feet....

[/url]th_Picture1188.jpg

(Clickable Image)

Back to cleaning the house... (Fun, fun, fun...) :no

Tina

well i gave my daughter the slippers today and she loves them! however, this pair will be going to her room mate who wears a size 11. they were way to big for shelle..... one of the other girls that saw them, wants a pair, (maybe - we'll see. not making promises) so i'll have to go down a size for shelle, and down two for my granddaughter and i. the oldest daughter will wear them (slippers) if the come up over her ankle, so looks like i may be doing the purple ribbed pair soon as well

I didn't :frog

Remember that I took in stitches along the sides so it is closer fitting

mocc02.jpg

mocc01.jpg

This was still huge on my foot and I usually buy my Dr. Scholls in a man's 7 1/2 Wide

Those are the ones you frogged? I wonder if you just went down a couple sizes hook if it would make a difference.... :think Oh well.

I liked the color of your slippers anyway. :P

Tina

Wow, Crochet Mum those are some really pretty slippers! Thanks for the pictures/links. Too bad it isn't in English... :(

Are you going to make some and join us in our CAL? :hook

Tina

OK... I made my first slipper from Tina's pattern at 11:00 last night... It turned out really well. My 15yo was trying it on and I think they will ahve to be for him. I wanted it for dh but he wears a 13 so I either will go up a hook size or add acouple more rows around... Great pattern! It was so easy to fllow...

Crochet mum,

How exciting that you are going to have a baby soon!I will try to crochet from the diagrams.Thankyou for your help! Leslie

P.S> those that look like mops to wear on your feet when cleaning house look like fun!

Crochet Mum That is okay! I just was saying they are cute. I used to be able to follow a diagram. (That was a couple of kids ago, though...) :P Thank you for all those links!

Congratulations on your new baby! (Next week.) :c9 Do you have a picture of your baby booties and blanket? You could post them.

Lea I can't wait to see your slippers. I started a pair of those, too. I'm hoping I have enough yarn to finish them, though... Can you believe I haven't crocheted in two whole days!? :eek Maybe tonight I'll have a chance...

The "problem" I have with round things is doing things into the ring. It just never comes out right. I can chain and then slip stitch to join and then it says to do x number of y into the ring and then from there it's all downhill. I don't know WHY, I've tried so much to do these things but there is either something wrong with my method or I'm just meant to be a square kind of person. ;)

If it's any consolation, I've been crocheting for 20+ years and I still haven't mastered granny squares. I can't keep them a consistant size or shape to sew them together.:think I'm hoping to work some up for the charity requests because it will be good practice and mixed in with other's work, the size differences might be workable.

I guess we all have our crochet nemesis.:devil

If it's any consolation, I've been crocheting for 20+ years and I still haven't mastered granny squares. I can't keep them a consistant size or shape to sew them together.:think I'm hoping to work some up for the charity requests because it will be good practice and mixed in with other's work, the size differences might be workable.

I guess we all have our crochet nemesis.:devil

Oh! I just have to say that if I figure it out I'll share it with you and see if we can muddle through it together.

ALTHOUGH - last night I correctly crocheted my first yamika .. well, actually it's supposed to be a hat but it's not done so it looks more like a yamika at the moment. *G*

I went to our local Crochet Meetup and got some excellent tutelage that helped me to figure out where I was going wrong. I got a super simple pattern for the hat and while I did have to undo two rows, I know WHY I had to do it and where I went wrong so it was worth the effort.

Once I finish my hat, I'll probably try another one and THEN I will tackle a round slipper. Or maybe I'll try the slippers now that I've got rounds a little better ..

*wanders off to find a snazzy pair of slippers to try*

darski thanks 4 your reply glad you like my set:cheer

Mom w/a Motif thankx aloot.. i had scan 3 times .. but the dr could not tell :no if its girl or boy.. so iam doing now new one with defrent color in cas its a boy loooool :hook but i hop the baby is gir:c9 :c9

thankx 4 every one u r so kind

I was determined to make that moccasin slipper style work so I :frog 'ed it and remade it according to where it should go and not the pattern.

Firstly, I redid the sole with 2 strands and using only sc and hdc I did keep notes for this sole to use for other slippers too

It is a really nice sole at this point - very firm and comfy

sturdysole.jpg

I redid the whole sides and top as well with a bit of an eye to the appearance of the original. i did the upper portion by picking a spot along the sides where I would want it to start and did a chain across, joined it at the other side then worked with sc TBL all the way down and connecting to each side. I like this version but i have to make one that matches now :sigh

redidslipp.jpg

just a quick comparison of the two...

compare.jpg

I think you can see that the second one is much firmer and holds its shape.

Archived