Anyone for a slipper CAL?

SeaShelly

Crochet Mum! What good news that you had your baby boy!What is the babies name?Can I send you something for your baby?email with you address!

Thankyou for the patterns for the slippers.

Leslie

dear.Leslie. its so kind of you to send my baby some thing.. iam in ..manchester uk.. :yes so quit far from u..and the boy name is ahmed.. (an arbic name .. its meen thanks gad:yay )

darski .. yaaaa he .cut down on my crochet time hee hee.but stil iam traying to do wihl he sleaping lol..:yes .

thnkx evey one luv u all:manyheart

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another issue relating to copyright: if a pattern is no longer available on its original website but you track it down through webarchive or the waybackmachine, please do not post the link here.

If the original author has removed it from the internet for whatever reason, we need permission to distribute it again here via web archive links.

If you have any questions about why we can't allow webarchive links here, just let me know via PM.

I used this pattern for my own slippers.

http://members.aol.com/elegantcrochet2/slipper.html

I am hoping for some help...I too am using the above pattern and I am totally stuck on this part:

"Finishing Round.

Fold the ends of the previous Row together, wrong sides together, and slip st in first st. With right side facing you, ch 1, and put 2 sc in the end of each row to the first dc. Work 2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st, 4 dc in ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st. Work 2 sc in end of each row across. Join with a sl st in first sc. "

The Bold part is where I am stuck.....I cannot imagine how to fold the ends of the previous round together. I would be so appreciative if someone could get me past this. Thanks! :manyheart

I am assuming that you have arrived at the heel portion. Fold the slipper in half with the short side (the heel) open and the long part folded.

Take one slip stitch to connect the two edges and then begin working around the newly formed top. Your heel part is dangling open at this point.

I am assuming that you have arrived at the heel portion. Fold the slipper in half with the short side (the heel) open and the long part folded.

Take one slip stitch to connect the two edges and then begin working around the newly formed top. Your heel part is dangling open at this point.

Thanks darski! When I fold the slipper in half then the "hole" where you stick your foot in is very tiny. I wonder why this part is in the pattern:

First decrease row:

Dc in next 7 sts. Decrease 2 sts by working ( 2 dc together) twice. Dc in next 8 sts. Ch 2, turn.

Second decrease row:

Dc in next 6 sts. Decrease 2 sts by working ( 2 dc together) twice. Dc in next 7 sts.

by doing these 2 rows (which only went approx. 1/2 way across the width of the slipper...it leaves like a "tab" of some sort. Like it's suppose to be folded on itself......no matter what I do...even what you suggested is not working. I'm not frogging yet....gonna put it away and look at it again tomorrow. And I know it's hard to try and explain my problem. Hopefully I can get it cuz they are cute slippers!

Thanks so much darski!

I hope this will help to show what you do where with this slipper

Here is the slipper with the decrease rows completed and the heel still open

slipper1.jpg

The slipper folded

slipper2.jpg

Putting the slip stitch to close the heel top

slipper3.jpg

Working the sc/dc stitches around the top opening but the heel is not yet sewn together

slipper5.jpg

Yeepee Darski! Thanks so much! :clap

I am taking my slipper to work and gonna try and finish it on my lunch hour.

I don't know why I just have 1/2 rows for the decrease rows...I'm just gonna continue to the end of the 1st and 2nd decrease rows with dc.

You are the best! I appreciate your efforts so much!

You are welcome. I am on my second pair too. I'm not sure how that happened :think

but this is a neat pattern that looks good and works up quickly. i do keep making them smaller though.

Hi all, I'd like to join in on this. I'm trying to atempt to do some booties first. I made my first pair and they are an inch too small. Maybe someone could tell me what I did wrong.:think I'm new to anything with gauge made to wear, I usually do snowflakes and doilies and the occassional scarf and afghan but want to learn to do more.

I used Bev's Quick bootie for newborns and bernat softee baby sport D.K yarn with an H hook. I think they look like the pic on the pattern just an inch too short all the way around. Any tips would be appreciated.:hook

I forgot about a pair of slippers I made up about maybe a year ago. During the sock-slipper swap. Here is the only pair I ever made. Our nine year old confiscated them. He hardly wears them either. Anyway I want to make mine in pink!! I don't know why but I am on a pink kick lately. I was on a green kick a few months ago.... :P

Tina

Thanks Penny. :2blush I haven't started my pair yet. I was going to last night then I realized the new 'lt. raspberry' RH I bought (to make something else with) was exactly the color I needed to finish the slippers I started for this CAL in the first place....

Anyway. Has anyone seen these? I want to make some of them! And they are green!! My other favorite color lately!! The pattern is here. Now I would never have thought I would want to make these unless I had seen the ones she made.... I went through Crochetville and did a search for slippers last night.... :heehee I found those in the miscellaneous thread.

Tina

After darski helped me get over the hump with these slippers, I have been going crazy! I have 2 1/2 pairs complete (shooting for 10 complete pairs)and will be giving them away in my Adopt A Senior Project next weekend. I plan to use puffy paint on the bottoms of them.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/itsdonna35/slippercal.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/itsdonna35/slippercal2.jpg

Donna those are really neat! These are just the fastest slippers going.

I love this pattern and I'm actually glad you needed some help so I got to try it. I can just grab a ball of yarn and make a pair of these in any odd moment.

Donna I like your slippers, especially the glittery thread running through that one. You are so nice to make everyone slippers! I want to make my dad a pair, but..... he wears a size 13 shoe!! :eek I think I may have to make some major modifications, eh?

Well since I realized that the lt raspberry RH I bought (for something else) is exactly the same color as the one I ran out of for my slippers... I am able to finish them! Technically I've only finished one, but here it is:

th_Picture1244.jpg

PINK! :yes (Should be clickable.)

Now to go finish the other one.... Going to go put on some coffee and :hook Ah.....

Tina

Oh I was going to say if anyone else is doing this pattern and is having problems with it to ask me for help. It's been so long since I crocheted this pattern, I forgot what I did on the ribbing part. When you get to it, and it says 'sl st in next stitch of foot', I do two sl sts. One in the stitch directly below and in the next one. I did just the one and the 'cuff' ended up being huge! Like big enough for two of my ankles.

Thanks Darski. I wore them to bed last night. It isn't too cold here (60 yesterday and 50ish today- I'm not used to this warm weather after living in Michigan!!)... but my feet are always freezing!

Tina, I love your colours. they look really warm - which is a good thing from what I am hearing from various locations :wlol

i knew it was huge when it was supposed to fit a size 6 and it was loose on my foot.

I think the problem is in the sole - it is just too big. I want to play with that pattern when I have a minute because i like the look of the slipper, just not the execution of the pattern; it needs work

:yes I also like making slippers for everyone ;My question is what do you guys use on the sole to make them none skid? I use rug backing (i think that's the name.:eek

Archived