Oprah's sweater

crochetdiva

Question

Did anyone see Oprah last week when she gave the lady from Starbucks the new house and contents? It was a tear jerker...but not my point. I loved the sweater she was wearing. It was like a cocoon jacket with flared sleeves. Absolutely gorgeous!!

Does anyone know where I can find the pattern?:*cwreath

Andrea

Wow! The sleeves on that are huge! lol. I see it on page 14 of the magazine though. I liked that lady's brown shawl/shoulderette, looks so cozy.

Lauri is that a Narnia avatar? I love it!

WOW!!!! I can't believe the response to my simple little post. I ordered the Whitelies jacket. I am going to attempt it soon. I agree that the VS jacket looks like Oprah's, however I think her sweater was made of a heavier cotton, rather than the soft mohair. I love both of them. The bed jacket could be adapted and would work great.

I was put off a little by Oprah a few years ago, and then she changed her show to avoid sensationalistic (is that a word?) topics and I enjoy her show again. She uplifts me and informs me of important issues. I am happy for her success, and get annoyed at the people who make fun of her weight issues. I applaud her success...it is well earned. but this is a free country so everyone can choose what they watch. And like Dr. Phil says....if he doesn't turn your crank you can always turn the channel.

And my 24 hours will be spent writing this message apparently (lol).:))

Ok that Victoria's Secret sweater is gorgeous. If I could make sweaters that's be the one I'd want to make.

Guest SamplerLady
Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Thomas Jefferson, Leonardo da Vinci and Albert Einstein
mmouseplus.gifWow! What a message to think about today.

How will YOU spend the 24 hours you have today? Thanks for sharing this quote.

I, personally, like Oprah. I think she does a good job of sharing her wealth with people, many of them complete strangers. She's re-introduced reading to thousands of people as well as reminding us to commit Random Acts of Kindness. I don't watch her show generally as I don't watch daytime TV.

While I sometimes enjoy Oprah and her show, I just wanted to say that no one has a right to judge her for what she has or doesn't have..for what we have or don't have. It just seems like this thread is becoming "snippy" over her...when it all began over a lovely sweater she wore!!

I, for one, have no right to say she is a snob..she worked very hard for what she has and everyday she gives to others. I am reminded of a quote "Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Thomas Jefferson, Leonardo da Vinci and Albery Einstein". To me, that quote reminds me of how some people feel about "rich" folks, that they seem better when really they are just like us they just choose a different path. We are all born to do great things, we are all born rich in so many ways.

Just my thoughts though. :sb

Donna

Guest lillian1969

I can't stand her she is full of herself,If she became poor I think she would come down to earth a little and be more likeable and the same goes for that Dr. Phil.Oprah thinks her money can buy anything or anyone it wants.

Guest buyac08

hey, i love the sweater too and would love to make it! But if you would like to buy one. I saw one that is similar in the newest Victoria's Secret catalog I received. So maybe check out their website.

Thanks, they're all similar, but not quite it. I love the sleeves on Oprah's ,and the collar. There is a close up on her photo gallery of the Wildest Dreams tour. In the shot of her with the lady from Starbucks you can see some detail.

I wonder where she bought it.:*ctree

I am tempted to purchase the one that is knit as it is the closest to hers. But I will wait and see what else I can find :*cwreath

Duh! :oops I saw that pattern and bookmarked it a few days ago. I totally forgot about it! :oops Thanks for posting this so I can remember it in the future--hopefully! :blush

Archived