Winter beanie

simonssez

Here's a pic of my new hat. It was supposed to be for our first winter in MI but since we maybe not be going now, I'll just wear it whenever/wherever suitable! ha ha!

I've fallen in love with this yarn (jo anns senstions licorice) and had some extra i was making a pillow with. Unfortunately, I ran out, they don't sell this color online, and I bought all our local store had. HOpefully they'll restock soon!

http://www.simonssez.com/musings/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/beanie.jpg(most recent addition/at the top)

GREAT hat, hey, it snowed here in Iowa last night :eek , I know who would wear it, me..hehehe, no but great job, I love your site with all the pics, I looked through them all and must say you do GREAT work!!:clap

The yarn reminds me of the look of Lion Brand Landscapes yarn. I hope you can find more of the color you want soon. You'll need a matching scarf for whenever too. :)

Tepper-I noticed that...unfortunately they don't carry the color online and an email inquiry ended up w/ the response that they won't be carrying it online in the near future. *sigh*

Roli-Nope...it's actually just dc's in the front and back loops. I used the amelia hat pattern from CPC to start at the crown, and then adapted since this yarn is so thick, to make it work out. Although I've been looking closely at that stitch (crazy) and want to try and use it for some xmas scarves and maybe an afghan. I bought some gorgeous red heart kooky in fuschia and think it'd look neat with that!

Thanks everyone! We were supposed to have orders to michigan in feb, so I made myself a cute hat...and now it looks like we're not going there. Ha ha!

Archived