Star Blanket...a bit bigger than for baby

SeaShelly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really need this "kick in the pants" I started a star blanket for my nephew before he was born; he will be 1 in April... <sigh> I am determined to get this done for his birthday.... I wanted to give it to my sister when he was born....

Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got the time to take a picture since Christmas

I was not able to finish it before Christmas so my daughter ended up getting it with a skein of yarn

She loves it

Colors are Black Homespun and Fushia Homespun\

Those seem to be her colors lately - these are also the color she dyes her hair.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/kalbrecht7/07ChristmasAmi.jpg

Kelly

I recently purchased some camo yarn in different shades from E-bay. I want to make several of the star patterned afghans for our local Army base as they will have a big deployment in April and I know many Mom's will be delivering while their husbands are gone. Thought this might be a way to "link" dad to baby -- sure wish I could find some pink camo yarn for little girls.

• 4 weeks later...

I want in! i started this blanket off of a post over at craftster but I'm waaaaaaay stuck

So I am starting this agaon.

I tore it out once and am abut to again

It's round 3 I have the issue with

"Round 3: Sl st in next st, ch 3, 1 dc in next dc, shell, *dc in next 2 dc, sk 2 dc, 2 dc, shell. Repeat from * to 5th point. 2 dc, sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch to join. (50 dc/5 ch2 spaces) "

So after I sl st into the chain from last round I sl st into the next dc right? Then I chain 3 and after that I dc in the VERY NEXT dc right? After doing that I shell into the next dc??? It seems like a lot of stitches I'm missing if I skip over them and shell in the next ch 3 space. That's when I start the dc 2 sk 2 then shell process right?

I think this is where I lost it last time.

Archived