Star Blanket...a bit bigger than for baby

SeaShelly

I'M DONE. Thirty rounds, I think that is a good size. Bigger than premie, but good for baby and toddler. There were a LOT of ends to sew b/c I did the varying colors with varying row counts. The shower is next week. Still don't know how to post pics, so you will have to use your imagination. I will take a pic and post when I have time to learn how.

Yay! A completed one. :):yay

Not finished here yet...have so many WIP's going on at once. LOL

It is coming along nicely, though. :cheer

Congrats on finishing...I'm sure it's beautiful! :manyheart

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it ok if I join this? I want to make one of these for my mom for christmas. I got stuck on round five though, do I need four dc in each ch 2 space or 2dc in each ch2 sp?:think

I already bought all my yarn, I'm doing this in pale and dark blue and cream and a light green and a really soft purple.

I decided to make this Dallas colors for my grandson.

I didn't like the rounded look so on round three and throughout, I did I HDC to end and start at the skip two stiches part. It's looking awesome.

I'll take pics when I'm done.......I'm finally at the silver edging. :)

Balloon, you only need to 3 DC, chain 2, 3 DC at the corners. I think the counting is throwin you off. You increase two stitches each round.........and skip 2 stitches on the way down.........I can't explain things worth a darn!

I am finding this to be a fun gahn to do. I am pretty well past the half way to being done point!!! Photos soon

I agree that this is a fun project. I will definately be making more of these! :)

I finally started mine last week but haven't had much time to really work on it. It's only about 20 rounds so far, the plan is to make it big enough for a queen size bed. We'll see how long my ambition holds out!

star.jpg

Thanks SeaShelly! Yes, it is Caron SS. I think I drew about 10 different stars with those colors trying to decide how I wanted to do it. Since I have yet to ever complete an afghan and this one is for me I wanted it to be just right.

You all make this soooo tempting! I DO NOT need to start yet another project, especially when we will be moving within the next two months. But I will need to make another baby blanket after I finish my current one. I've made one star baby blanket before but I might have to join this cal and make another one. :) I love all the pictures. Gives me alot of color ideas.

Ok, I've been tossing it around for a week now, I am going to have to join this CAL (my first!). I have been wanting to make a throw for my 2 year old. I have an afghan that I started years ago and never finished (ugh, no good reason), this would be a good use for all that yarn I have stashed away for that. (and may the other project finally rest in peace) Now, where did I put thing . . .

SeaShelly,

Mine turned out very "crooked"! :sigh All my points angle to the right. :sstar After making one of CrochetDude's flip flop coasters I think I figured out my problem; I crochet too tight!!!:think My first flip flop was puckered, so I tried crocheting, what I feel is really loosely, and it layed flat! :yay This blanket is finished, but I want to make another; as so many have pointed out it is just a fun project too see develop, especially since I did the varying row count. I think it will work out a bit better, even though I am satisfied with the one I have completed already.:yes

Those flip-flop wine glass coasters?? I LOVE that pattern and can't wait to try it!! :)

Thanks for the tip...I think I must crochet tighter than I realize, too.

SeaShelly,

Mine turned out very "crooked"! :sigh All my points angle to the right. :sstar After making one of CrochetDude's flip flop coasters I think I figured out my problem; I crochet too tight!!!:think My first flip flop was puckered, so I tried crocheting, what I feel is really loosely, and it layed flat! :yay This blanket is finished, but I want to make another; as so many have pointed out it is just a fun project too see develop, especially since I did the varying row count. I think it will work out a bit better, even though I am satisfied with the one I have completed already.:yes

I know I didn't join this at the beginning, but I am also making one of these-in Simply Soft-three colors of blue & white for a baby gift-but it is definitely bigger than the pattern. Does that count??? I am about 3/4 of the way done so far.

Mine turned out very "crooked"! :sigh All my points angle to the right. :sstar After making one of CrochetDude's flip flop coasters I think I figured out my problem; I crochet too tight!!!:think My first flip flop was puckered, so I tried crocheting, what I feel is really loosely, and it layed flat! :yay

I think I crochet very loosely, and all my points are turning to the left :think

I even left out 1 dc before each shell, but that doesn't help enough. Maybe next time I'll turn the star after each round, instead of crocheting around in the same direction :hook

Sea Shelley,

I am loving your color choices! It's looking great. I think that is one thing that appeals to me so much about textile crafts...how very different, beautiful, and unique the final projects turn out to be even when made from the same pattern.

I know, no one has heard from me in awhile. I was the over-achiever who planned to make 6 of these, one for each member of the family. I still plan to do that and have chosen colors for everyone...but not sure if it is going to be done by Christmas...:think The "mommy/wife/homemaker" thing keeps taking precedence over crocheting during the day :lol . Plus, the several other projects that I have going on at the same time. Does anyone else do that; work on 3 or 4 things at once? I've started my daughter's though...after being raised with all brothers and having 3 sons...I am jumping at the chance to make pink things! :yay

When I can figure out how to post pictures, I will show you my progress.

That looks great, Shelley! I really like the colors that you're using.

I haven't made any more progress on mine since the last time I posted a pic because I spent the entire weekend working on my Prairie Star for the Crochet-a-Quilt CAL. I always have lots of different projects going at once. I just need to find a way to evenly distribute my crocheting time among them so that one doesn't get neglected. Especially since three of the ones I have going right now are Christmas presents. :eek I think I might assign each day of the week to a particular project, that should even the time out.

Help! I have about 10 rows done, and it is not turning to the left or right, but is it sort of puckery (sorry, haven't figured out how to do photos yet). I've double checked my stitch count and placement and that looks ok. Is it too tight, did I use too small of a hook? :shrug AGHH. I assume this will not work itself out if I continue. Any suggestions?

Glinster,

I wonder if turning the star would work. I know when knitting, if you knit in the same pattern in the same direction it actually is kinda warpped (biased), I found a star dishcloth pattern that indicates turning after each round. This may be worth a try. I do know that knitting looser seemed to correct my problem on the flip flop (I love those things, they are addictive, and fun, and great gifts in sets of 4-8; Drew is AWESOME!!!), but you said you crochet loosley and it angled to the left. Hmmm... I am going to try the row turning on the next one, just to see what happens.

Archived