Jo-Ann's On-line Coupons (is anyone still getting them?)

donnalynn2

I used to always get Jo-Ann's coupons in my e-mail everytime there was a new sale. This stopped over a month ago. I inquired when I was there last time and they mentioned that several other customers complained about the same thing. Is this just a local thing or have they stopped sending coupons for use in the store in e-mails?

Thanks!

P.S. Suebee, can you get to the bottom of this? I am in much need of a coupon fix! :yarn

I don't really have the "connections" to find out about that, since it's not something managed at the store level with "store policy," but now that you mentioned it, I haven't gotten an e-mail coupon in a few weeks... I did get one that was good during the Founder's Sale, which was mid-August. So it's been about a month.

I wonder if they're just cutting back on the frequency of e-mail coupons, maybe only doing them in conjunction with big sales, or something? I really don't know...

I would bet there is a HIGH incidence of people printing off multiples, though, and using a bunch of them over the course of the time period they're valid... If I said I never printed more than one, myself, I would be lying -- though I DO usually give the second one away to a friend. ;)

I don't really have the "connections" to find out about that, since it's not something managed at the store level with "store policy," but now that you mentioned it, I haven't gotten an e-mail coupon in a few weeks... I did get one that was good during the Founder's Sale, which was mid-August. So it's been about a month.

I wonder if they're just cutting back on the frequency of e-mail coupons, maybe only doing them in conjunction with big sales, or something? I really don't know...

I would bet there is a HIGH incidence of people printing off multiples, though, and using a bunch of them over the course of the time period they're valid... If I said I never printed more than one, myself, I would be lying -- though I DO usually give the second one away to a friend. ;)

You know, I used to only use the on-line coupons "once" during the time period but an associate told me that you can use it several times as long as they are on different visits. So sometimes I would use several coupons during the time period. I never would have thought that wasn't ok since someone who worked there suggested it to me. Yep, that could be why I guess... Thanks!

Yeah, I think that is the last one I got, too.

I still get the Joann.com deals e-mails and stuff, but I don't think I can get my employee discount online, so I never bothered to shop there. I'm in the store 20 hours a week... I don't need to "be there" online, too. Haha! :lol

I've gotten several online store coupons lately, but I was thinking the other day it's been a while since I got an online coupon too. I very rarely go there anymore, so I thought maybe they took me off their list since I don't use the coupons much anymore. Someone who works at the store here said they take you off the mailing list if you don't use coupons within a certain time span. I'm thinking it was 4 or 5 months.

A year or so ago on another list I was on, there was a conversation about the amount of the discount on the online coupons. Someone associated with Jo-Ann's said they would test the percentages in different parts of the country to see at what discount would people buy. According to her, that's why the discounts were 4o% and other times 50%. Perhaps they are doing some sort of testing thing right now to see how much people will buy without the coupons.

I've noticed Michael's has very few ads or coupons in the newspaper as well, and I've wondered what's going on with that too.

A year or so ago on another list I was on, there was a conversation about the amount of the discount on the online coupons. Someone associated with Jo-Ann's said they would test the percentages in different parts of the country to see at what discount would people buy. According to her, that's why the discounts were 4o% and other times 50%.

Ugh... I remember that. I was trying to block it out... LOL!

LOL, nope, I don't do Yahoo (long story). If I posted it, it would have been here.

I meant I remember living through it in the store, and trying to explain it to guests. Ugh.

"Why do they have a 50% coupon, and mine's only 40%?!??!! That's not fair!!!!!!"

*whimper*

I understand what you mean about coupons. I used to work in a home store that mailed coupons out based on zip codes. All the time, we had 2 customers coming in together with one of them complaining they weren't sent a coupon.

I've never seen the discount being different in the same area though. My understanding was it varied by state, but sounds like I was misinformed. I know it wasn't the store's fault any more than it was the coupon deal at our store, but I do understand why customers complain.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, we just got a new super jo-anns and i had to "resign up" for email & snail mail. the nice lady said that it was a different computer system and wouldn't be merging the old.

maybe thats the reason?

but i got my coupon today

Ya know... way back in like 2000 all the Jo Ann's coupons were 50%. Sometime in 2002 they stopped that and went only to 40%.

I figured that was because they had been having financial difficulties and they were losing too much money with thrifty shoppers.

Archived