Anybody in NC?

Guest stormync23

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I live in Winterville, NC- a small town outside of Greenville. I'm orginally from Morehead City though.

My dad is from Newport! (I've probably said that a million times already.) I'm from Trenton, between Kinston and New Bern. Now, I live in Rhode Island where it's cold and the tea isn't sweet.

Now, there are so many NC crocheters and I'm jealous that I can't hang out with y'all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Y'all finally someone from Down East! I live outside Beaufort, but lived in Newport for a while and LOVED it! I've been down here almost 10 years now. Just wish we had a real yarn store, although Coastal Crafts Plus in Atlantic Beach is expanding the yarn area and offering Knitting Lessons in the winter.

I used to go to Greenville every few months for the Neurologist for my kids. I know where Winterville is, in fact the company I work for (Boater's World) just opened a new store there.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Coastal Crafts that place in Atlantic Station? I went there one time and was shocked at the prices on some of that fancy yarn. :eek It would cost a fortune to make a scarf out of some of that stuff!

Anyway- it's good to know that Down East is being represented here at C'ville too:)

Hey Y'all finally someone from Down East! I live outside Beaufort, but lived in Newport for a while and LOVED it! I've been down here almost 10 years now. Just wish we had a real yarn store, although Coastal Crafts Plus in Atlantic Beach is expanding the yarn area and offering Knitting Lessons in the winter.

I used to go to Greenville every few months for the Neurologist for my kids. I know where Winterville is, in fact the company I work for (Boater's World) just opened a new store there.

Sandra is that sun ghan easy or hard to do? It looks so nice. Like your model of the hat he a cutey.

Debra from Cary North Carolina

Sorry Debra, missed this message. The ghan was pretty easy, just tedious. It starts with 8 points and ends with 32. The fill-ins to make the extra points are in the yellow rounds and each one has 8 ends to weave in!! That was the worst part for me (I hate weaving in ends). Well, that and the fact that it was so darn hot here when I was trying to finish it.

Thanks, I think he is too :P He's my Iraq baby :manyheart lol

Sandra

Isn't Coastal Crafts that place in Atlantic Station? I went there one time and was shocked at the prices on some of that fancy yarn. :eek It would cost a fortune to make a scarf out of some of that stuff!

Anyway- it's good to know that Down East is being represented here at C'ville too:)

Yes, the prices are very high! Of course, we're captive since we work down in the 'tent' at the end of the plaza (Outerbanks Outfitters); and it's the only place we can run at lunch. Walmart doesn't sell any 'fancy' yarn but fun fur.

• 2 months later...
I'm in Morehead City.

YAY! Nice to meet you. You are now officially the second crocheter in Morehead that I know of (the first being my mom...)! I checked out your website. You are very talented!:clap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
YAY! Nice to meet you. You are now officially the second crocheter in Morehead that I know of (the first being my mom...)! I checked out your website. You are very talented!:clap

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Is your mom originally from here?

• 2 weeks later...