Looking for Fake Head

Cinlee

Hi! :)

I've been crocheting baby and adult crochet caps....but its kind of hard for me to keep looking at them....on a round type of appearance. I want to place it on and off (as I'm crocheting ) a "styrofoam fake head." :think Does anyone have a spare one they don't need?.:blush

It can be ugly and worn out....I just need one to put my cap on to keep its round appearance while in progress of crocheting it....i don't want it to loose its shape. I hope I make sense

Thank you very much,

Cinlee

LOL....:lol You naughty, naughty thinkers!:eek OH I WOULD never think that way....heh heh :angel .....:heehee

I'll go take a look at those websites for those styrofoam heads...thankyou!

Cinlee ;)

I went to Sally's Beauty supply shop. Don't know if you have anything like that around where you live. But if they carry beauty supplies anywhere, check there. I got styrofoam heads realllllllllly cheap there!:hook

You know, if you can't find your head :eek kids are great for this sort of thing!

My poor poor husband, his mother was a seamstress and with four sons and three daughters, regardless of what she was making, whoever was handy had to try it on:( ...

By the way....I Do have a Sally's Beauty Supply, So I think I'll run on down and grab one. I just thought about it... I doubt my husband will hold still for me :think lol

Cinlee Thank yoU!!:manyheart

Blow up a balloon inside the hat. when it reaches the right size, tie it off. leave it until you want to continue with the hat. or, you could cover the balloon with paper mache...torn newsprint and flour and water paste..last layer use plain paper and you can paint a face on your head.....I've made baby and children's heads this way because I couldn't find the right size and because I'm incredibly cheap....really cheap lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any wig shop or beauty supply place will have them for about 5.00, not bad consideringf how hard it is to pin one of my family down to try hats on. makes a perfect hat model, they also had it in 2 sizes so think its probably a childs.it was kim's wigs shop i got it at. good luck:devil :devil

• 3 weeks later...
Ohhhh Good Idea! I don't have kids....but I do have a husband with a head! hee hee :devil

Cinlee

Wow!:cheer

Now don't be bragging! Pretty soon everyone is gonna want a husband with a head! jk

I know I already posted twice on this thread but the title is too funny to pass up.

Glad you found a head!:devil

Archived