Graceful Gown

cshort

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Graceful Gown is Gorgeious! Was the pattern difficult? I ask this because I have the same booklet. The booklet is called "Baby's Heirloom Wardrobe". It has a pattern for these other items: Precious Pinafore, Dainty Dress, Sweet Smock, Frilly Frock, and the Graceful Gown. Is this the same booklet? It's an Annie's Attic booklet and the patterns were designed by Beverly Study. The number on the booklet is 87H30.....Is this the one? I've been meaning to make one of these beautiful dresses, but haven't had the chance to try them yet. I hope there aren't any errors in these.

Your Graceful Gown is Gorgeious! Was the pattern difficult? I ask this because I have the same booklet. The booklet is called "Baby's Heirloom Wardrobe". It has a pattern for these other items: Precious Pinafore, Dainty Dress, Sweet Smock, Frilly Frock, and the Graceful Gown. Is this the same booklet? It's an Annie's Attic booklet and the patterns were designed by Beverly Study. The number on the booklet is 87H30.....Is this the one? I've been meaning to make one of these beautiful dresses, but haven't had the chance to try them yet. I hope there aren't any errors in these.

I made the Precious Pinafore .. and it was so easy ... I made it in sport yarn to fit my, then, 5 year old. She's 9 now .. and has since passed the pinafore on to her 3 year old sister. I plan to make one of these .. not sure which one yet, for my sister's first baby.

Solitaire, Thanks! I am going to have to try these all out. I really have my heart set on making that Frilly Frock....only in a different color. I didn't think anyone even had this pattern anymore....it's from like...1983. I keep all my old stuff. It's fun just to browse through everything. :c9

Thank you everyone for the compliments and help with the pattern name it is Baby's Heirloom Wardrobe. I bought the pattern to make for my daughters born in 1982 and 1984 but I just never got them made. But now my granddaughter will get to have frilly dresses. My daughter loved this one and wants the other ones in the pattern but in a little bigger size as the baby is waisting no time growing.

That's a beautiful dress! She'll be gorgeous!

I noticed your icon - do you have someone with autism in your family? My youngest child (8 yo dd) is on the Spectrum, and my sister's youngest (6 yo son) also.

I don't have family members with autism. But I have the best job teaching a pre-k class of children with autism and developmental delays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi!

My mother, who recently passed away, would make the "Graceful Gown" out of crochet thread for Christening Gowns for her grandchildren. I made a couple of them for her over 20 years ago, when the family was expecting multiple births at the same time. Now that she has passed, I would like to continue the tradition, but Mom's pattern has a page missing. The Pattern book is called "Baby's Heirloom Wardrobe" by Beverly Ward, but you are the only place on the internet that I have been able to locate. My new grand-daughter will be christened next month, so I need this in a hurry.

Can you help me out?

Mlee@livingscriptures.com

Graceful Gown is the name of this dress I finished last night for my grandbaby. The pattern is a booklet from Annie's Attic but the cover has been damaged so part of the name is missing, something Wardrobe, I think it was published in the 1980s. Any how here is a picture.

th_GracefulGown.jpg

Oh, that is super. Love the color and it is so cute!!! I love those baby dresses. You did a great job and your Granddaughter will look so adorable in it.:clap

Archived