my teddy bear.

comfort80

i adapted the pattern for the bear with the pacifier. i'm not too keen on the size, i crochet tight and had to use a F hook instead of a D hook, and even though i used lighter wieght yarn, and made guage, it still came out about 4 inches taller than the pattern called for.

the attachments, ears, nose, arms and legs need a little alteration, i'm not too happy withthem as well, they'll do for simplicity, but attachment is very hard with the loops and the legs look, to me, a little scrawny...

DSC01962_phixr.jpg

DSC01963_phixr.jpg

Awwww, your bear is precious, just the way he is! Each bear comes out a little differently adding that special personality touch! I think your looks fabulous! You done great! :cheer:clap:cheer

it went really really quick too, i would have had it done in two weeks had we not had a family emergency. i started it on the 7th and finished in on the 26th. i'm working on another, in different colors. i really wish i could see that rags- a teddy bear pattern from crochet world. i just want to see if i could adapt the sizing from that to this pattern.... hmmmm. i guess i need to pay my fines at the library and go a searching!!!

I really like your bear. While I agree that the legs could use some "plumping", just make him a little old man and he'll be perfect! :lol I've worked with those loops before when I made the lion bath towel: http://www.wolfcrochet.com/page7.html and I found them to be a bit frustrating.:thair The end result is worth it, however and your bear is cute as a button.:)

Archived