Doily CAL

sammimag

Anyone else making doilies for gifts this year and need some help to get them done? I do :)

I have one I need to take a rest on because I had to frog back some. I need to finish that one and another to be done by Sept 9th for a friends birthday.

Currently I am working on Cappuccino by Patricia Kristoffersen. I 'm using an size 6 steel hook and #10 Cebelia in Dk Blue.

Doily #2 will be a French Vanilla and I will be using #10 Opera in Wood Violet

I'm not sure what I am doing for the next few doilies yet as they will be for my MIL and for my Dad and his wife for xmas gifts this year. I might also make some for my nieces but not sure they will really appreciate them or not.

If want to join just grab your hook :hook, some thread and a cuppa something and join me:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished a doily (FOR ME):manyheart ha ha. I hardly ever make for me. It is called warm spell I did it in #10 natural size 7 hook. it was different thats why I wanted to make it. It's been a while since Ive made any and am kinda hooked again.;) I was thinking of making one for my mom for christmas her NEW kitchen will be ready by Oct. I was thinking a table topper or runner. any suggestions??:think She's hard to find something to make for because she has everything she wants and needs for nothing. One year I made her a pineapple afghan and she has never used it it's packed away in a closet somewhere. :eek

If I ever finish my current project, I'll be up for doily making (I'll try, anyway) :) I've bought a hook and some thread for a simple pattern I have so I might start on Sunday.

-- Michelle

I'm in on this one, sister!! I've become addicted to doilies since making my first a few weeks ago...I'm going to try making this doily next because I just fell in love with it after seeing MimiFl's version of it in the thread show and tell!

No one I know uses doilies, so I can't say I'll be making it as a gift, so I guess it's just for me :D I'm not sure when I can start though because I have so much on my plate right now (don't we all!) but I'll be checking here regularly to see everyone's progress!

:cheer I have a doily I need to finish and a gazzillion more I want to do!! I am in. I just finished a tribute to trish. I am working on garnet grandier from Crochet! I am doing it in butter yellow. the cable rounds are taking forever! I took a break on it while I finished tribute to trish. that one was for a swap. the garnet grandier is for me! then I want to do some PK doilies. I have the doilies with a twist book. are these doilies difficult?

I am in for this one. At the present time I have four doilies that I am making. Some are out of the Coffee "N" Cream Doilies book, and some are out of the "Extra Speacial Doilies" book. I will post pictures as soon as I can. I love making doilies:cheer :cheer :cheer

Oh good! Some company :hook

I finished Cappuccino in Coffee-n-Cream and have just started on French Vanilla which I need to finish in 2 weeks for a friends b-day. Which should be doable if I can get 2-3 rows done a day right?

I'll post pictures soon.

I am working on the Espresso in the Coffee N Cream. I am doing in Hunter green. It is for a friend of mine who has a new house and her walls in her diningroom are hunter green. They are so pretty.

I got over a horrid cold this weekend so I was able to start on the French Vanilla by PK.

I am on row #12 with only 17 more rows to go. Yippee. I think I will finish this with plenty of time to spare.

I would love to join this cal yesterday I bought The Best of Patricia Kristoffersen doily book and I am very excited to jump right in and begin. :cheer

Yeah more company :)

I just finished my latest PK Doily and blocked it as well as another one I had finished earlier. So I have birthday and housewarming gifts done! I have one more doily I need to start for a surprise and then it's on to the ones for Christmas gifts.

I'll get pictures posted soon of my finished doilies.

Hows everyone else's progress?

Hi all, as soon as I located my books, I'll join up this CAL. I started a doily several weeks ago, and then packed everything away (since I just moved). I found my thread and hooks today, but still haven't located the pattern books. Oh well, I only have about 60 more boxes to unpack... :lol

Mind if I join in? I'm working on my first doily, and I definitely need the wherewithal to finish! *lol* It's fairly simple, but it's too small...I'm thinking about adding on extra rows but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I think I can get the inspiration I need right here!

So how would it sit if I were working on a doily "pattern" but using yarn (arthritis - no dexterity for threads)

I find great filet patterns and such and do them in yarn to make lapghan centres. These and hats are my refuge from the Window thingy but don't tell ladybird or I'll have to write on the board one hundred times ..After the Window..

Here is one of the Doilies that I have been working on. It is out of the Leisure Arts book titled Extra-Special Doilies. The name of the particular one That I did is "Exquisite"

(This is clickable)

th_DSC003291.jpg

Also here is a candle drape that I made.

th_101_0224.jpg

:cheer Grandkids,:clap those are just beautiful!!

I've never heard of a candle drape,who knew??

Wonderful work on both:yes

Can't you post those also on the Threadcrochet show and tell,,,thread?

ha

Very nice,thanks for sharing;)

I also have become afflicted with the DOILY FLU, and now spend hours everyday studying the patterns in pictures of doilies. Don't miss this repeat of a special doily pattern by Carole Alexander from "Talking Crochet" newsletter. She is repeating it by special request, but I don't know how long it will stay up, since the newsletter came out Aug 23:

http://promotions.drgnetwork.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL2406_patt.html

If the link doesn't work, just go to http://www.anniesattic.com and click on NEWSLETTERS in the left frame. :)

Hi all,

I am so glad to see some new CAL members :) Yeah:hook

I think we all need to send Renee some pattern finding energy so she can join us as soon as possible.:remember:remember:remember

I think many doily patterns would look fine in yarn. I know someone (virtually) who likes to make what she calls doilyghans.

This is the French Vanilla Doily by Patricia Kristoffersen which I will give to my friend tonight. I get to go out w/o the kids and eat some yummy mediterranean food. I need a break!

237705427_2dfe894dc1_s.jpg237705488_9340bbd19e_s.jpg

#10 thread Opera - wood violet - #6 steel hook

I think we all need to send Renee some pattern finding energy so she can join us as soon as possible.:remember:remember:remember

----------

Hey Samantha, it worked, I found my patterns last night! :cheer

I had some time to start putting away my books (I have around 40 more boxes to unpack) and found my patterns in a random box with other stuff. I foresee some doily making in my near future. In truth, I started one, so I'll just need to finish that one up. And my crafts room is basically done, so no excuses now (except all those boxes that refuse to unpack themselves).

Okay, about 2 months ago, I bought an AA's book called Easy One Day Doilies. It's such a pretty book, with lots of pretty doilies in it. Before I packed up my life, I had started one called Flower Wheel. Well, last night, I pulled that bad boy out and started to work on it again. It's a simple pattern, but looks really pretty. Here's the funny part: I haven't crocheted in so long (I had about a 6 week break) that I could only do 1.5 rounds, and then my hands got really tired. But I'm 2/3 of the way through, so I should be able to finish it up in the next week or so.

I had to go check and see if I had the book, but I didn't. I have so many with similar type ideas about "mini" or "quick" doilies, that I wasn't sure. My son and his lady are arriving in town sometime tonight. So the past week has been shoveling yarn and strange things into the garage and of course, keeping everything as best as I can with fibromyalgia while they are here. No time for my hobbies until they leave.... well, if I get an anxiety attack, it is always a good time for them, because it is the only thing that keeps me from wigging out! ha, ha, will have a wonderful time seeing them again. More doilies coming after their visit, FOR SURE!

Archived