Have you fallen in love with a project?

Hi Friends,

The question is this: Have you fallen in love with a project and didn't want to give it up to whom it was supposed to go?

I have made an adorable baby afghan out of candyland yarn in lullaby and I don't want to give it to the auction like I had intended. I really have no use for it (my kids are 16 and 13) and I just don't want to part with it.

Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do? Make another one? Keep it? or give it away as intended? Let me know!

Linda:manyheart

That just happened to me i really liked the baby blanket i made and my husband told me we should keep it.....so i made one in its place to give away. it was just as nice but didnt grab me as much

I'm starting to feel that way about the trow blanket I am making Danielle, but I'm like 2 years late getting it to her... if i keep it, she might kill me :rofl and I really do want her to have it

• 6 months later...

I am feeling that way about my pink fuzzy bear... I made him as a commission for my sister (I wouldn't have gone for baby pink myself), but he turned out so cute and now he's got quite famous I'm really going to miss him... I "accidentally" haven't found time to find a box to ship him off yet ;)

I only make things for immediate family, so it's not really a problem if I've gotten attached to something, since I'll see it often anyway. I think, though, that soon I will ask for my very first project back from my mother. It was a baby blanket that I might have made for my sister when she was born. I think my mom's dog uses it now. lol

I have done that before. The first thing that I made for someone other than my kids. It was for my niece. A yellow CareBear. That was my sis' fav. color so I made that for her little girl. I turned out so cute that I wanted to keep it for myself. It was smaller and made of softer yarn than the CareBears that I had made my kids. I gave it to her anyways. I'm glad I did too. It is her fav. stuffed animal. She plays with it a lot. I get great joy from that.

I also have fallen for the blanket that I am making now. When I started it, I thought I would make it as a baby gift for someone else, and just be ahead of the game (for once). Well then some one was going to have a baby and I thought I would finish it for them. The baby was born too soon so I made a little elephant for her. Much faster job! Then I as I started getting closer to finishing it, I started liking it a lot. So now I think I will keep it for the next baby that I have. We plan on trying again next year.

Archived