Kitchen Items

luvmnms

I made these items for my niece who is leaving home to attend college.

I made them with Peaches & Creme ecru cotton.

potholder%20lid%20grabber%20hat%203.jpgpotholder%20handle%202.jpg

lid grabber & handle grabber

potholder%20hot%20mat%202.jpgpotholder%20scalloped%202.jpg

hotpad & 2 potholders

towel%20topper%20my%20pattern%20to%20work%20up%202.2.jpgdishcloth%202.jpg

towel hanger & dishcloth

scrubbie%20front.jpgscrubbie%20back.jpg

scrubbie front & back

Those are really cute! You did a wonderful job on them! The best part is that there will be a little taste of home when the loved one is away at college! It's like having hugs around you while you are away. :cheer

Very nice. Would you be so kind as to tell me how the netting is attached to the scrubbie?

Thank you all for your kind words.

I don't mind sharing how it was done... I purchased plastic scrubbies from the 99 cent store. I crocheted a circle for three rounds, then the next round is done in single crochet catching the edge of the scrubbie with each stitch.

That's brilliant! Did you come up with that on your own? I've never seen that done.

oh I wish I were that talented, but I can not take credit for this. I saw this pattern http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta's_scrubbie.htm and changed how I attached it (I crocheted it all in one piece, and I changed the edging to match the other items I made for her.

thank you so much for sharing you're lovely work with us andgiving me a good idea of somethings to make for a bridal shower .I really am new here and i've never met such nice people and helpful ones too.I hope to see more of you're great ideas .Thank you so much keep up the good work .so much talent here at crochetville .Thanks theresa from new york:c9

Handle grabbers are easy to make without a pattern. Start with a circle(sm), 4-6 sc in circle, join with sl.st. Keep working round & round, inc. as needed untill tube is big enough around then work even untill as long as your handle. I make these all the time to match potholders. I make the potholders usually in the magic sqare pattern. I use cast iron panstherefor need these things. They are also good bazaar items.

:)These are so nice to have. Not only are they practical but they are nice and brighten up a kitchen. I am always making the handtowels and the pattern that I have for the scrubbie is a sunflower. This pattern is an old Annie's Attic book.

I have always liked things for my kitchen and I really like the way you put this together. Great gift to be treasured always.

Betty:c9

your niece will be carrying part of home with her when she goes off to college. :yes everything you made is very nice. i especially like the potholder with the scalloped edge...can you tell me where you found the pattern??

tracy

your niece will be carrying part of home with her when she goes off to college. :yes everything you made is very nice. i especially like the potholder with the scalloped edge...can you tell me where you found the pattern??

tracy

potholder pattern came from this site... http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/scallph.htm

it's really easy!

Archived