What do you all do with your crochet projects?

I give mine as gifts and donate them. I keep some of the hats I make on display so I can look at them. (vanity?) Some things I've made have ended up in storage tubs because I just don't know what to do with them.

I usually give them away, as gifts. I've made ponchos for neices, scarves for just about everyone, including stuff for our boys. I actually did just make myself a scarf, and am working on a poncho for myself.:remember

I give as gifts. The few things I was thinking about keeping, my mom came swooping over and HAD to have! :danc I do have a showcase of historical Barbie dresses that I have made and will never part with:bounce

i do alot of things with my work, i give them as gifts and also donate alot of stuff, like soldier hats, and baby things and lapghans ect., i also sell them if the occasion arises!!!!!!:w-lol i have very little of my own work for myself although my hubby and kids have alot of stuff.:sun vicki

The only way any of my projects get done is if they have to be somewhere by certain time. Most of mine are gifts or samples for the classes I teach, but I have made a few things to sell (usually a custom order, nothing major).

When I was working (am retired) I used to sell some of my crochet items but only because I was making something for a gift and people would see it and ask if they could buy one. So I did some for sale.

I make a lot for gifts, birthday, Christmas, bridal and baby showers, or sometimes just as a "because" gift.

I also do a lot of projects for charity, baby blankets, WarmUpAmerica squares, hats/scarves/headbands, pet blankets for animal shelters.

I also sneak in a few for myself and stuff for my house.

So a little crocheting goes a long way for me.

LI Roe

(Well, actually a lot of crocheting).

When I first started crocheting, most everything I made was given to charity...hats for chemo patients. After I made hundreds of hats, I started making lapghans for a nursing home.

I have sold some things but not many.

Made Christmas presents for family and am working on other projects for SIL and DD now.

But I am ready to get back to crocheting for charity. Maybe by March I can start back making more Lapghans.

I make some things for charity and some to give as gifts, but probably half is stuff for me. A lot of it's dictated by when/where I have the time to work on things--I store a bunch of my yarn/supplies at work and crochet during my free time, and those are the things I give as gifts or to charity. But anything I work on at home is for me or for the house--I smoke, so any supplies that I store there can't be used for gifts or charity. But I have a bunch of space to stash things in at work, too, and that's a smoke-free zone. Some weeks I actually have more time to crochet at work than at home, since I work 12-hour shifts anywhere from 2-5 days a week and get long breaks during the day...

Archived