Wire and Bead Bracelets

KateCrochets

braceletround.jpg

Sorry for the picture... it looks a bit better on my computer, but I think it still give you a good idea what they look like "on". There are a few more pictures at my

blog (anchored link).

These bracelets were made with glass beads, 28- and 34 gauge wire, and an F and 5 hooks. Two use toggle closures, one uses a lobster clasp. I started them with a "spine" with larger beads and heavier wire, then used the smaller hook, wire, and beads to make a band. :U

Thank you all so much for the compliments! They are very fun to make, especially since they provide "instant gratification". I do so many afghans that something you can make, start to finish, in one sitting is both new and appreciated!

What type of wire is it? Can you use any type of beads?Thanks for sharing.
I just used the silver colored wire in the beading section, 28 gauge on the spine, and 34 gauge for the rest of it. I imagine you could use any type of beads, but I like the glass beads a lot. I recommend ones that are oblong for the spine, and square/round for the body, but that's just personal preference :U

Oh, I wouldn't use beads that are too big, just because they pull at the wire more (especially the 35 gauge). That's the one drawback to the pink one... the beads are a bit bigger and I have to be careful to not have them get snagged on things.

Thank you all again for your kind words :manyheart

Archived