Wild Bidding on eBay for this Booklet

Crochetmama,,,,I just love that idea. Gonna print a copy for myself,I think.

Turns out I was looking at a pattern book from that seller,and here's what he typed when I asked if it was being disputed,,

No dispute on the large sale, Paid & shipped.

Wow,:D:lol:think:ohdear:2eek:scrachin :scrachin :help:shrug:confused:ebay:2rock

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NSS - Don't you just love it??!!!! I just made an inve$tment on some crochet booklets today! :hook:lol:hook As I told my husband, the stock market may be down right now, but Annie's Attic is up up up!

He just shook his head and went off and to use his latest rented toy -- a jack hammer!! :hook

Un-freakin believable! They are cute, but there are other cute booties as well, and the booklets are like $5-6. Outrageous! I have so many old booklets, maybe I should sell them on e-bay!!!!

I can't believe people would do this! :think It makes no sense to me. I wonder what he/she felt like after all the bidding was done. :eek I wonder if it was just the excitement of bidding and the need to win. Some people are a little nuts :loco

I have that same booklet hmmmmm.......:)

Try it. If it is a highpriced seldom collectorsthing - you will be lucky.

[sorry, you cannot make statements encouraging copyright violations] We will watch the bidding very interested... :D

• 2 weeks later...

hmm....i have some OLD pattern books out in my utility building (I had a wooden building built just to hold my hobbies...its all secure :D). maybe I need to go digging and see if there's any I want to get rid of...maybe I can cash in.....KACHING!!! :D

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

I just LOVE Ebay!. But, that is stupid - the bidding was between two people - they were just outbidding each other. Even if the leaflet was out of print or from the 1960's or 70' or even earlier, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it. There are so many similar patterns out that can be gotten for much much less, or even FREE!. When I sell some things on Ebay, I have gotten some outrageous prices - I just don't understand - I guess they get caught up in the bidding and just can't stand to miss out. For $177 bucks, I think I can stand to miss out. Happy Crocheting!

There are plenty of books out there that are going for unbelievable prices. There's a certain English designer whose books go for several hundred dollars apiece on Ebay. There's a book on the mechanics of knitting that has an asking price of around $500. People are willing to pay a lot of money for some books and leaflets.

Archived