Tested Katchkans Torchlight Doily

dennymare

Here is the Torchlight doily I tested for Kathy. I used a size 10 hook and some thread I purchased off ebay. The thread has gold lurex thru out so it added some sparkle to the work. The only thing I didn't like was the thread was thick in some places and thin in others so it looks thick on some places. The pattern is wonderful to work out and I think turned out pretty good. Thank you Kathy for allowing me to test for you.

Mary:cheer

th_torchlightdoily2.jpg

picture is clickable

Mary, I can always count on you for a job well done, and you haven't let me down yet. :hook That thread sure added some sparkle to that doily. :yay Thanks for the great job of testing. :hug

Beautiful job, Mary! And another beautiful doily, Kathy! I can't wait until your doilies are published so I can make some myself. :manyheart

Tina

:yay Kathy's back! And this is JUST GORGEOUS! You did a great job with it Mary, I love the sparkliness of it too! This is one doily I would dearly love to make - if by some strange reason no one wants to publish this pattern, Kathy (I find it hard to imagine), would you be offering it on your website? I know there's a few other things there I'd like to get eventually, when budget allows.

I swear, these doilies are EYE CANDY! And I just can't enough of 'em! :c9

Mary, you did a great job on Kathy's torchlight doily. You should be proud of yourself. Kathy sure does have some beautiful and different doilies. I am a softy for doilies in the first place. :cheer :cheer :cheer

I love the sparkle that thread gives. And for a doily named Torchlight, it just seems to fit well. You did a great job!:cheer

-craftymom

Archived