The Crochet Dude Meet & Greet - 5/26

thecrochetdude

I just confirmed with Mary Charles Yarn Co. that I will be appearing at their wonderful store tomorrow from 10am to 6pm to meet, greet, give free impromtu crochet lessons and also consultations (bring a project or pattern you are having trouble with and I'll help you sort it out). If you are in the Houston area please stop on by!

And the very best part is that all yarn and books are on sale! Woo hoo!!

I will also have a little "trunk show" set up and you'll be able to see in person the Spring & Summer Drew-strings, Dawn, Jennifer, Do Your Wooly Vest, Do Your Cottony Vest, Chic on the Halfshell, Crazy Aunt Purl Poncho, Pretty Pleats with Mango On Top Poncho, and a new purse that I'm about to go suck out of my brain and create this evening. I think I'll call it "Julia". Come be the first to see it!

Click here for a.. map to Mary Charles Yarn Co.

Hope to see you there!

:bounce

I'm gathering all the items for the trunk show. Hmm, I don't know how much space Mary Charles has allotted me. Methinks I should have gone and set up yesterday.... Anywho, can you believe I can't find the Flying Afghan? I found the Monet afghan and the Drewbury Plaid afghan...I wonder where it could be.

Gnomes!

Anywho, I'm a bit nervous so think happy thoughts for me! :eek

Well, that's not fair! You're too far away. Why don't you plan a trip to the LYS here in Huntsville? Then after, you can visit the Space and Rocket Center. There's lots of fun exhibits and a couple of rides. You can see a life size replica of the space shuttle and various rockets. You can even see an exhibit for the crystal growth experiment my dh wrote the software for. (He just wrote the software so the hardware would do what the scientists wanted it to.) Then we have the Huntsville Botanical Gardens, Burritt Museum, Huntsville Museum of Art, and you could even take a 2-hour trip up to Nashville to get a country music fix! Lots of good yarn stores up there, too!

See, you REALLY need to come to Huntsville! Do I have you convinced yet? ;)

WOW Drew, :yay That's wonderful! :yay Good luck to you!

Well, I guess I am a day late with the well wishes, I hope it all went well for you!

Gee Drew, just imagine all you could see if you just took your show on the road. We all live near exicting places.

Hope all went well today. Congrats on the show.:hook

~sighs~ why does Seattle have to be so far away from Houston? I think Drew needs to come here and do a meet and greet at Full Circle Yarns. :hook Then he could visit the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. hehehe

Thanks for all the well-wishes and generous invites! When I get my act together this fall/winter I may show up at your LYS! :eek

The meet & greet went very well. I enjoyed meeting lots of new friends and I was amazed at how far some people drove. Crochetiers is good people. Several people brought in projects that they were having trouble with and it was cool to help them get it all figured out. You could see when the lightbulb went off in their minds and they looked so relieved! How cool is that?!

Jennifer's sister Julia was one of the big hits of the trunk show. I left the show set up for the rest of this week out at Mary Charles Yarn Co., so I don't have any good photos to share with y'all. (I hope you like Julia too). Anywho, the other big hit was the Pretty Pleats with Mango On Top poncho; however, I learned an interesting thing about ladies' fashion: there is a fine line between a poncho and a skirt. Everyone held up the poncho to their waist and said "I looove this skirt!!". What a hoot! I only said that it was really a poncho once or twice, after that, it was a skirt that just happened to be in my poncho booklet.

Anywho, I'll go on an on via my blog on Tuesday.

Have a great rest of the weekend everybody!

You could come to Oxford NC.... we have..... ur.... em..... pizza by the slice at the Country Store (that's the actual name of the store)... and Cheerwine... and large men in bib overalls with tobacco in their jaws driving large old school buses filled with migrant workers to fields of tobacco and cotton.....

Does THAT entice you? I could fined more I'm sure~

~~~sigh~~~

I suppose Oxford is out of the question...:(

Archived