Giraffe Test (FOUND testers! Thanks!)

I'm looking for about 3 - 4 testers for my giraffe pattern. I will say that it does take a while to make up as there are color switches and a lot of detail in him but he's still very fun to make. :)

If you're interested, please let me know, I'll contact you via pm and get your email and such and send the pattern your way :)

104_1083.jpg

( I don't have spots on this guy yet but in the pattern, I do have it where it tells ya how to make them

:) )

If you'd like someone who's never made a stuffed animal to give it a try, I'd be glad to give it a go.

I bought stuffing to try to make a critter, just haven't had the nerve to try.

I'm between projects right now, so I can devote my complete attention to it right now.

Let me know, and thanks for considering me!

Please include me in on your test, I will send you a private message for my new email address

Thanks for letting me test:c9

Oh! I'd love to test this pattern!

I made a giraffe blanket for my niece who is pregnant, and this would look perfect to go with the blanket!

(She has a sort of safari-themed nursery with John Lennon's "Real Love" animal prints and things).

Let me know! :hook

He is sooooooooo cute.... got that Ark yet?? and Noah too!!

You are so talented and seems like you're having fun too.:clap

I would really like to test the giraffe pattern, but I guess you have enough testers already:(

Well, anyway, he looks adorable:manyheart

Wow he is so cute I was hopeing to get in on the testing of this so i could do it for my neice but i was gone all day so i missed it. Just a note what if you used plastic needlepoint canvas in the neck?

alrighty crochet queen, I worked all day yesterday on this little guy. He's just sooooo cute! (Images are clickable for enlargement).

th_giraffe001.jpgth_giraffe002.jpg

th_giraffe004.jpgth_giraffe003.jpg

I chose these colors to match the blanket I have made for my neice.

I used Homespun (color - Coral Gables) with black and a no-name yellow from Target.

The directions were fine. I felt I needed to add two more rows for the neck and the body but I think it was because the Homespun yarn was more "squishy" than a regular yarn.

It was helpful to have the drawing of the arms as to how you should make them. I also added two more rows for those.

I wasn't sure about the spots. Hope I got them right. I made them and them sewed them on with trailing yarn.

I added the mane and tail puff because that is how the giraffe in my blanket looked. I did that just like you would add fringe to the edge of something.

I really enjoyed making this, thank you for giving me the opportunity to try it out for you!!!

I'm sure my neice will love it!

I really enjoyed testing this pattern, thanks CQ!:hug

I didn't do the spots but just crosstitched some on him and also a crocheted little heart on his tummy.

P5280063.JPG

P5280062.JPG

:heart Dortya

Oh that's a great idea on the spots! :cheer

I love the heart on the tummy too!!!! :manyheart

He's so cute!

I like the eyes you chose too.

And you take such great pictures! I wish I was not so clumsy with the camera. :blush I've still got to make your dog!

Okay! I'm officially IN LOVE with the giraffe! lol, I love the colors! And I agree fully with Becks, I love the x's. I'm going to change it to that I think, it gives it a nice look... yay! Great job on these everyone!

DCFC0109.jpg

DCFC0108.jpg

DCFC0107.jpg

Here is my first test pattern, I did a bit of altering on it. I sewed on the patches and did his neck longer. Colors used were RH SS "carrot" and TLC's DK Brown. Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me to test:manyheart

Now off to work on your bear pattern

Absolutely gorgeous, crochet_queen_03 you must be so proud of the testers, they did a great job on the giraffe!!!!!

I'm sorry I missed out on the testing!

I didn't do the spots but just crosstitched some on him and also a crocheted little heart on his tummy.

P5280063.JPG

P5280062.JPG

P5280063.JPG

P5280062.JPG

I LOVE IT!!! You did a great job! HE is adorable, and I love the heart too!!!

Archived