Looking for a BEGINNER SOCK along..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tina! From another Tina, and a beginner! Funny you should ask; I was searching for a pattern for some type of foot attire myself last night. I have some really soft yarn that I'm dying to give it a try with. I'd be in...

Oh, good grief, I have a pair of socks I started last Memorial Day--and I haven't touched them since! I'm in, but man, I'll be way behind because there are a number of gifts I need to get done ASAP. I'm doing the first pair of socks in this book. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1564774945/qid=1147967684/sr=1-27/ref=sr_1_27/103-9121390-6728659?s=books&v=glance&n=283155)

Sorry, don't know how to creat a link like everyone else that just says "here" and provides the url--way beyond my computer skills.

Patty

lol..Patty

Glad u can join us

Take ur time...we just getting started

I like the socks ur making

well, we haven't yet figured out what we wanna do ( in pattern )....so u see, you have plenty time..lol

good to have u join us

huggz

Tina

Sorry, don't know how to creat a link like everyone else that just says "here" and provides the url--way beyond my computer skills.

Patty

Oh I can help with that! When you go into the advanced posting screen, there's an icon that looks like a globe with a chain on it. Highlight a string of text in your post, then click that button, and you can put in the http address to do that. :D

I just started my second pair...so I think I still count as a beginner! I'm working on the crochetme socks in shoes pattern with a few tweaks of my own.

I can probably make a button tomorrow if anyone is interested :)

I just started my second pair...so I think I still count as a beginner! I'm working on the crochetme socks in shoes pattern with a few tweaks of my own.

I can probably make a button tomorrow if anyone is interested :)

that would be geat...ty sooo much :manyheart

huggz

LOL! It's alright. I'm a doofus too. *snicker snicker* (It's okay if you are laughing WITH yourself, right?)

Okay, thanks. The yarn I want to use comes in 1.75 oz and I have 2, but it's on sale for $2/skein so if I run out, I'll just grab some more. It has been there for a couple of weeks at the same price.

I just might join along too. I'm still new to socks. I did make my first pair very recently. I love them. I want more crocheted socks!

I was considering using this pattern here or was the thought for us all to use the same pattern?

I needed 100grams-400 plus yards of my Sockotta Yarn. So if you you are getting 50gram skeins you will likely need 2 skeins which is enough to make ankle socks.

I just bought a skein of variegated baby-weight (I guess that's sport-weight) yarn on clearance from Joann's and have been wanting to try my first pair of socks with it.

But I'm not sure if 100% acrylic is good for socks, since it doesn't absorb moisture??? I guess I'll check out Knitpicks' sock yarn like someone suggested.

Anyway, I would like to join. :)

I just might join along too. I'm still new to socks. I did make my first pair very recently. I love them. I want more crocheted socks!

I was considering using this pattern here or was the thought for us all to use the same pattern?

I needed 100grams-400 plus yards of my Sockotta Yarn. So if you you are getting 50gram skeins you will likely need 2 skeins which is enough to make ankle socks.

NO given pattern here... :hook

use what ever you like the best.... :devil

Love the one you picked and concider making...:manyheart

huggz

I'd love to try some socks! I will admit I've been very intimidated to try...I've crocheted for many years but only in the last couple of years have I branched out from granny squares and basic stitches to more advanced patterns for wearables, etc.

Silly question...do you actually have to use 'sock yarn' to make socks? I've seen postings where people used baby/fingering weight yarn as well...

Is everyone going to follow the same pattern?

i have used different wt yarns and fibers-

i personally like using sock wool wt the best-

made a pair of socks for my son using knitpicks-silk blend - he loved them

i found the book "crocheted socks to have the best explanation and pics for various stitches-

i also have 'crochet comfy cozy socks' also by rehfeldt and wood-this needlecraft shop leaflet is unfortunately out of print but u can purchase it on ebay-

I just bought a skein of variegated baby-weight (I guess that's sport-weight) yarn on clearance from Joann's and have been wanting to try my first pair of socks with it.

But I'm not sure if 100% acrylic is good for socks, since it doesn't absorb moisture??? I guess I'll check out Knitpicks' sock yarn like someone suggested.

Anyway, I would like to join. :)

Welcome , good having you join us... :cheer

huggz

Archived