An Oldie but a Goodie, I guess... (doily)

Mom w/a Motif

Here is an old pineapple doily; one of the first ones I ever made. My first large doily, I think. After reading 123Mamas post about her doilies, I thought about this one. Then, I was looking for something totally unrelated, and found it!! :lol (That's the way it always goes with me..) It needs to be washed, and reblocked, but here it is:

th_Picture656.jpg

Tina

123Mama, after seeing mine, I guess it isn't quite the same as I remembered. But, similar.... ;)

That's a beautiful doily! I tried my first pineapple in the form of a bookmark today and I had to frog it! :blush I guess I'm single-strand thread challenged! It also made my wrist hurt so much that I had to promise DH I'd put down my hook for a week!:eek

It's funny because I wasn't even looking for it; and the other 'funny' thing is, we didn't bring very much with us when we moved out here (1300 miles from where we were living). But, I brought that doily with us... :think I do want to wash it and reblock it.

Thanks for all your nice comments everyone! :)

Tina

That's beautiful! How wonderful that you happened upon it and are able to share!

Archived