Shrug Along!!

Nice to meet you too Suzee! :)

I suspect we'd break the runway. They are built for people who don't eat after all. :eek

I'm tired and not feeling the bestest myself.

Wanna come mow my lawn? :D You know you wanna... :lol

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to join!

Here are two more shrug/bolero pattern links from ModaDea:

http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0218.htm

http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0202.htm

I'm planning on making the second one in Red Heart Light and Lofty Tahoe (blue/cream blend - http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/069891.html) -- but I have to frog the CottonCandy shrug I made with it first....... I don't know what happened with that shrug - it turned out waaayyyy toooooo biggggg. :think

Dazy

The one on the Lion brand site is:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-shrug.html

it is called

Simply shrug I think..:think

:manyheart

hey, i believe i could do that one. but if i'm going to make it out of homespun, i'm keeping it. and with coupons for michaels, joanns, and hobby lobby, it would be inexpensive, too. just 2 skeins. wow!:yay

i've found the shrug yarn of my dreams. it's RH plush in a denim-y color. it's soft, but lighter than regular RH and i think it will be great for summer. its kinda fuzzy, but not as bad as homespun. that stuff is hard to see where you are working. i've got alot going on this weekend, but i hope to start on it first of the week.:cheer the hard part is over. the agonizing *choosing of the yarn.*

Wow...this is tempting. I've been lurking in this thread for awhile, but I think I'm going to have to jump in. I need to finish up the stole I'm making for a swap, but once it's finished, I think I'm going to have to get myself some Simply Soft and join you guys. It'll be nice to make something for myself!

Dazy - Congratulations on picking your perfect yarn!!

Antara - Welcome! I'm using Simply Soft too, and I must say other than it splitting more than RH, I quite like it for my shrug. It's very soft and is looking pretty.

Shrug Buddies! - I got my circular needles today so hopefully I can finish my shrug this weekend if I get the time! :cheer

I've had my eye on the coral picot shrug, and needed a kick in the pants to get started. I'm in! (I think :lol )

how's this?::kick and Welcome, Ginger.

Welcome Sherry! The Shrug-A-Licious looks nice! Thanks for the links for more shrugs too! Better get :frog !

I frogged my way too big shrug and am almost finished with the Moda Dea shrug (http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0202.htm). Have the body and sleeves made, the seams sewn, and am weaving in ends before I add the 4 rows of sc edge..... Not too thrilled with the pattern or the yarn. Ended up just working it into the general shape the pattern called for. But it seems to be turning out ok. I'll post a picture shortly.

Hello everyone:

I've been lurking around this thread for a while and although I made the Mrs. Who shrug some time ago (great pattern!!!), :manyheart I'm tempted to make another and join you guys. I came across this pattern quite by accident and wonder if anyone's attempted it. The directions seem a bit odd (my guess is because it's an older pattern)...:think

Cheers! :hook

Cheryl, I think I may just try that pattern you linked to, it is very pretty and I think I already have some yarn for it, but not sure. Gotta go through my stash and see if it will work! Thanks for the link.

Theresa

Ok, I think I'm going to do mine in white SS, so it goes with everything. And I'm going to use the V-stitch for the body so I don't go crazy with sc. LoL

Tomorrow is my "me" crochet day so I'm going to get started then! :clap

I came across this pattern quite by accident and wonder if anyone's attempted it. The directions seem a bit odd (my guess is because it's an older pattern)..

I've made it, it's not great. Nice stitch, but the shaping is odd. You might want to do a search here, cause someone here posted changes to the pattern a long time ago. You would be better off using Mrs Who's shrug schematics, but using the stitch pattern from the bedjacket.

Woo-hoo! Good job, KnicKnac! I love the monet color scheme.

I bought the yarn for mine today: black simply soft. I'm going to use Mrs. Who's shrugs schematics with the simple shell stitch.

Originally Posted by mason204

I came across this pattern quite by accident and wonder if anyone's attempted it. The directions seem a bit odd (my guess is because it's an older pattern)..

I've made it, it's not great. Nice stitch, but the shaping is odd. You might want to do a search here, cause someone here posted changes to the pattern a long time ago. You would be better off using Mrs Who's shrug schematics, but using the stitch pattern from the bedjacket.

Tepper Wear is being modest and not willing to blow her own horn....but I will!! :cheer

For a similar shrug pattern that is extremely well-written and very easy to make size adjustments to, they Eileen's Shrug-a-licious! http://www.hometown.aol.com/tepperleen/page6.html

good work, everybody :clap:yay .:welcome new friends. i finished my second blankie for Ro's blankie project today and now i can start on my shrug without :kick myself. i've got to get on it or you gals are gonna leave me in the dust. :cheer :cheer

Thanks for your comments, sherryzzz and tepperwear - that's why I love this forum. :lol

I thought the patterns looked similar. I'd rather make the shrugalicious one, of course. ;)

The reason I hesitate with this type of pattern, is that I have "stork arms". My wing span is about 6 feet :eek (a conservative estimate) and it took me 2 weeks of steady crocheting to make the rectangle for the sleeves for the Mrs. Who shrug. The remaining body part only took 2 days. If I can find a way to make the rectangle part go more quickly, I'm in!

I thought I'd dig out my photo from the archives for display:

th_greenshrugfront2.jpg

(Click to embiggen)

Archived