Shrug Along!!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/snapdragon928/crochetedshrug.jpg heres the start of my mrs who shrug. I did a shell pattern,made it sleevless then added on angel sleaves. I am not quite done with it yet. When it is I will have my daughter model it, its hers. I want to add more to it, but she doesn't want the collar and front ruffly part on her shrug like it is for the fluffy pink shrug.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to make a shrug in a week, want to make one to wear next wednesday as going to see Dolly Parton at the NEC Birmingham UK, going to be using the pattern for the fluffy pink shrug.

Have started one in Sidar Blur - pink, but not happy with it, so started another in 4 ply baby - Lilac, as cant be bothered to undo the pink one

My Dad has bought me a pink stetson to wear as well :cowgirl

I know it's a little late, but I wanna join!:D This'll be my first CAL and I LOVE LOVE :manyheart LOVE shrugs! So count me in! I think I'm going to be doing the Pink Fringe Slouchy Shrug. Do you think it could be done in regular WW instead of the TuTu? On the moda dea site it says that TuTu is 4 medium weight. Is that the same as worsted? I really like the way the TuTu looks, but I don't have the money to spend on 7 skeins of yarn at $6 each. Does anyone know of a less expensive alternative? This shrug just looks sooo comfy...and comfy is my middle name lol. Any help with this problem would be appreciated!

Thanks for all your help!

Hi Krystal! It's never too late to join into a CAL unless it's been put in the archives. I'm actually going to make another shrug or two after I finish up my blue star afghan I think. :)

4 is Worsted weight. There's a website called Yarndex that I believe some other Cvillers have recommended for finding alternative yarns....

Here's a link to the Moda Dea yarn on it. I _think_ that if you click on the number beside Gauge it will give alternative yarns that are the same gauge. Also if a yarn is really close, sometimes just changing your hook size can make it work up to gauge too. :hook

Using 4ply dk and using size 5mm hook and doing it in dc, might do some shell pattern on the bottom of the sleeves. have done about 15 rows of the rectangle so far, not perfect, but practice makes perfect. Not working at the moment so have plenty of free time to get it done (hopefully). Will post some pictures when I have done some more.

Archived