The New Interweave!

queen_mo

I just got my copy today from Barnes and Noble...I love every pattern in there, but haven't decided which one to do yet. I want to do one of the ones that combine knitting and crochet. This is the type of crochet magazine I love. Fresh, chic, and incorporating quality yarns. Ironically, I wouldn't want this magazine to turn into a subscription because it might become mediocre and we have plenty of other magazines for that!:hook

I am disappointed by the fact that the magazine has a very beautiful tank dress called, Tuscany Tank Dress, but there's no pattern for it!? Why, since I purchased the magazine, do I have to go to the website www.interweavecrochet.com to obtain the pattern? There's even an address you can send for the pattern provided you give them a stamped self addressed envelope. Now, if I wanted only to make this dress, then I wouldn't have to purchase the magazine, right? That part sucks! I bought the magazine, so why can't I get it along with the other patterns? *off my soapbox* I still would've bought the magazine either way, but I just don't understand the logic behind excluding it in the magazine.:think

I can't wait to get my copy of this magazine. I was hoping to get it at Michael's with my 40% off coupon, but I haven't been down there yet this week to see if they have it in. I may call them tomorrow. I ran to the grocery earlier, and checked in at Books-a-Million, but they don't have it either. I'm so anxious to get it, that I would have bought it at BAM if only they had had it!

Ok I guess my hippie days are showing but I bought the mag strictly for the sandals near the end of the mag. Crocheting with jute sounds fun and this is definitely different from furry flip-flops.

Making your own sandals is so Mother Earth News. I'm flashing memories of my past.

Down side is.....all the mags at my B&N weren't cut correctly so I had to tear apart 6 or 7 pages.

Shebear, I had the same problem! I had many pages that were uncut and while I love the magazine, I find that it's a little skinny for $7.99!:)

Ok I guess my hippie days are showing but I bought the mag strictly for the sandals near the end of the mag. Crocheting with jute sounds fun and this is definitely different from furry flip-flops.

Making your own sandals is so Mother Earth News. I'm flashing memories of my past.

Down side is.....all the mags at my B&N weren't cut correctly so I had to tear apart 6 or 7 pages.

Yes, I noticed that as well. But, I was able to neatly tear down the crease and it looks good as new!:)

I just got mine!!! :cheer

I can't wait to make this lil' girl cardi!!! It's so precious! I also love the Babette blanket! yippee!

This is a skinny issue, but it makes up for it with the quality of work. I'm excited about it.

I agree with Karen about the tank dress. I wonder if it had too many errors or something? Like it wasn't ready in time? I dunno. That's kind of weird!

Anyway, I'm still happy... yay! Too many patterns, not enough time!

I have been drooling over the patterns in this issue since I got a copy last weekend. I want to make the French Bistro top, the sandals, the Sea Foam skirt (this will be my first hairpin lace if I do it), etc., etc.

I can't believe I only started crocheting a few months ago; I'm completely addicted and the number of patterns I want to make...well, let's not even go there. Honestly, I've knitted off and on for years, but it's never been a love like this and Interweave Crochet magazines only help to fuel this obsession. :hook

I went and looked at this mag at B&N last night. I'm glad I sat down at the store and looked through it. I was disappointed. I saw maybe 1 or 2 things i MIGHT make and that was it. I have plenty of other patterns at home that I WILL make so didn't buy it.

I went and looked at this mag at B&N last night. I'm glad I sat down at the store and looked through it. I was disappointed. I saw maybe 1 or 2 things i MIGHT make and that was it. I have plenty of other patterns at home that I WILL make so didn't buy it.

:lol Trish, I just saw your post right at the same time I posted mine and I was gushing over this magazine! Just goes to show how people's tastes run a gamut, eh?

I'm dissapointed with this issue, too. Oh well, there are a few things I still want to make from the previous issue, so it's all good. :hook

Archived