Lets design the perfect craft room

together.

What would be in it?

Storage?

What would you like to see built in?

For me Id love set in shelves to put all my pretty yarn!

Next coupies(like in kindergarden) to hold WIP

a cozy chair in a quiet corner

a special lit shelf for my Jimbo hook that I love to death!!!(seriously bury me with it!!!)

How about all of you!!!

My perfect craft room...:c9

:dreaming I know my list is a little silly but it is my dream craft room.:dreaming

Silly, MamaHooks? I think your list is great! I'd like a room with one wall of windows; nothing like natural light when it's available. Along one full wall would be floor to ceiling built-in cabinets, with baskets or storage totes along the same lines as yours to further organize the shelves. To break up the solid wall of cabinets, how about a section of cubbies like these wine racks, also floor to ceiling: http://www.wineracksamerica.com/WineCubes/120_Bottle/index.html? On another wall I'd have drawers below an ample work surface and open shelves above, with one section set up as a desk. Definitely some of the great daylight lamps, both freestanding and desk variety .. a good desk chair and a pair of comfy chairs by a small table near the windows, maybe with a cozy love seat. Enough dreaming?

In addition to storage and I need a LOT of that!

1) a mini-fridge for drinks and snacks

2) a blocking table

3) a big screen TV

4) a big ol' leather couch for me and my Cyrus:)

5) Cyrus of course!

6) Coffeepot!

7) desk and computer

8) a table with drawers and compartments and a comfy chair for jewelry projects

9) scented candles or incense

19) Lots of lighting

20) yoga mat

1. A stereo with surround sound to play quiet music.

2. A big window looking out onto a lake (hey, if it's my dream craftroom, let's move the whole dang house somewhere lovely!!)

3. A Tv and DVD player to watch old movies or the Food Network.

4. A really comfy chair with a side table to hold my patterns and a pot of tea.

5. A very nice butler to bring me the pot of tea that goes on the side table!

6. Bookshelves to hold my pattern books.

7. Cubbies to store my yarn.

8. My FINISHED Cathedral Afghan hanging on the wall (... man it's taking a long time...someone tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel)

9. Lots of decadent yarn to go IN the cubbies.

Hee hee... :lol So many good ideas!

I have the closest thing to perfect for me in my house. I've shown these pics once before; things have changed a little... I've added an old hutch on an opposite wall that has my special things in the upper glass doored area - old buttons and rocks and bones and such (yes, bones... I am fascinated by them), and yarn in the lower cabinet area. Also, don't have a pic of the nice big bay window or the comfy couches and chair... This room used to be the "formal" living room in our home and hubby suggested we convert it to a craft/hang out room. We both love it. He mentioned last night (when he was helping me decide on yarn and a pattern for a gift) that he wanted to add some trac lighting to illuminate the yarn bins and book shelf area. Anyway, while it's changed a little, here is my Ultimate Craft Room (and I thank God everyday I am so blessed :c9 )

Here's the table that hubby got me - it opens up and folds into a pretty narrow table

th_mytable.jpg

Here's a close-up of the cubbies and book storage on the wall unit hubby made. That's Mr. Sheep down there :lol

th_mr.jpg

There are some more shelves and the baskets I have wedged between the wall unit and the wall that hold yarn.

th_mmmyarn.jpg

Some more baskets and bins...

th_lovelyyarn.jpg

Here's a bit more long distance view of my corner...

th_cornerbaskets.jpg

and a full size view of the wall unit. There are more bins on top along with cones of yarn

th_bookshelffullofstash.jpg

I love this space... its very inviting. And, best of all, there's a TV/stereo so I can have music and hubby can come in and watch TV, too!

:yay :yay :yay

I'm slowly getting a spare room in shape to be my studio. Newest addition was a narrow freestanding wine rack (from another room). The cubbies are perfect for holding "standard" size thread. Each cubby holds 3 balls of thread. BTW, there are 44 spaces:) Am now searching for the perfect chair.

Alosha

Ok, my room. Would have a large window, that stick out from the house, don't know what it's called, but has a little sitting thing on it........

a bookshelf for all my crochet books and mags.

a comfy reclining chair

a side table on each side

an over head lamp, to get the right lighting angle

a tv

a dvd player

a music player

maybe a computer

I think that I would like a nice shelving system, maybe with drawers for my yarn and stuff.

Girly decorations everywhere! lol. I haven't been very girly with decorations, but I would love to make a girly room. :-) lacey, frilly curtains or something.

My only addition to my room would be a DOOR with a lock and I have the only key. I am sure there are other mothers with young kids out there who would agree with me on this one. I am sick of finding pieces of leggo in my work basket or bits of chewed up apple or sultanas YUCK!!!!

Oh well - we can only dream

well i have thought about this alot because when i get home.. i am making my "dream crafting place" .. i am having a "craft cottage" built in my back yard .. so i have a separate place to have my stuff.. be able to design .. have a studio.. and even have a place for fittings and the likes for clients and no one has to come trapsing thru my whole house to get to it ..

it will flow with the design of my house (which is victorian) .. it will have alot of windows and window boxes for flowers and perhaps even a glassed in sunroom off the back to sit and relax and work.. I will have a wall of shelving and integrated storages as in baskets and clear containers and cubbies .. so i can see what i need.. my yarns will be grouped by colours.. i will have a work table in the midde of the space with drawers under and a sewing machine on top as well .. there will be a small washer and dryer.. a stove for dyeing.. and a large utility sink.. i will also have my computer out there so i can check on business with out having to go back in the house and upstairs to my office .. of course let's not leave out the espresso maker.. and small fridge for snacks ..or the loft for stoarge.. i have it thouroughly thought out and even "down on paper" its one of the things i look forward to most when i get home .. oh yeah it will be cliamte control as well .. there will be heating and cooling in there ..

• 2 weeks later...

I dream of a cottage away from the house where no one has a key, but me! Not too big, but with a big cushy chair and a half with an ottoman to put my feet up. Lots of shelves with perfectly ordered storage bins to hold yarn and works in progress and a shelf just for pattern books, and maybe a laptop nearby and maybe cable to listen/watch TV while working. A good sized table to lay things out on. And a big picture window to look out over a woods or water...

I've always had a craft room in every house but this one. My brother recently moved in with us, my elderly mother and son have the other rooms...so Diane's crafts are in the garage, in the closet, neatly stacked in plastic bins in a corner of my room.

My Sweety tells me I can have whatever I want once he gets back from the Gulf. He will even have a little place built out in his garden for me if I want...Can't wait for him to get home!

Archived