300 Crochet Stitches...

Niccers

I just bought this book off of ebay. I was going to use a credit from Amazon for it but for some reason, they arent selling copies of it anymore and the people that still had them were selling them for $45 each (they have since dropped back to a more normal range). The book has 5 stars on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1855856387/sr=8-1/qid=1141697422/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6877921-8632103?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Im wondering how you all feel about it. Some of the reviews are really good while others are kind of mixed.

Hmm, I bought my copy off Amazon for Christmas, along with volume 7, and I think I paid like $25 or somewhere thereabouts for both. Wonder why they're not selling it new anymore?

I'm really happy with it, personally. I have The Encyclopedia of Crochet and The Crochet Stitch Bible, and this still had new stitches that neither of them did.

I love it. I use it more than any other stitch reference. Seriously, I have used that book for 99% of the projects I've designed myself. It seems to explain things better. There's a photo actually at the directions (instead of clustered in the center), and written directions and graphs. It's got pretty much every type of stitch combo that you'd use--clusters, 3-D stuff, shells, ripples, lace stitches, plus filet graphs, motifs, and some Tunisian stitches.

I really like these books. I bought mine from Amazon a couple months ago when they had new copies that were reasonably priced. You can't go wrong with these books.

However, if you really want them and don't want to wait for them to be reprinted or whatever, the Reader's Digest Complete Book of Knitting and Crochet Stitches (hardcover, about twenty five dollars) is basically the Harmony Guides as far as I can tell. Plus you get knitting stitches too!

I have both of them and I absolutely :manyheart them! Not only all the different stitches but it also gives both the written directions and the charts. So now I feel confident to use a charted pattern because of that. And yes, the multiples are given so you can make it whatever length you choose. AND it has such a variety of techniques too. Can you tell I can't say enough about my Harmony Guides? :hook

I have had both volumes for at least 10 years. I purchased mine at Borders. I love these books, as all the previous replies have stated. A worthwhile purchase, IMHO and a book you will constantly refer back to!

I just got this book last Friday at a lys for just under $16. I love it!:manyheart The charts for each stitch are really helping me learn to read a chart. I can't wait 'til I have more money to get the next volume of 220 stitches. It's great, the best crochet book I have so far by far.

I recently purchased this book at Barnes and Noble, and I do love it. I am only at about an intermediate level with crochet, so perhaps my opinion of this book may differ from someone far more advanced than I am. For myself, I have learned more stitch techniques from this book alone, than from any other book. The photographs and stitch directions in this book are excellent, which makes it easy to learn the stitches quickly. This is definitely one book that I don't see myself ever wanting to get rid of - it is a treasure to keep in my library.

I picked that book up from half.com for $11.46 back in January, got the second book for $15 from the same place. Both are definitely keepers! I'm working on slowly getting the knitting set completed as well, they've been running slightly over $11 on Amazon, but are slow to ship.

Archived