First time dyeing!

faithpa76

I'm pretty happy with these - I'll definitely try some different things in the future, but for a first attempt they aren't bad. :)

Of course, I had to work up a little of each to see what it looked like.

Knitpicks ww

IMG_1991b.jpg

Knitpicks fingering weight

IMG_1992b.jpg

They're turning into felted bags as soon as I can get up my courage and actually put them in the washing machine! :lol

ooo.. i especially like the way the first one patterns..

it was fun huh?? LOL

I like the way the first one patterns, too! I wasn't sure - I knew I'd made the color changes awfully short so I was very happy when it worked up the way it did. And YES I had fun - I'd give my right arm to be able to get some more wool to dye! :lol Okay, maybe it isn't that drastic, but I am looking forward to being able to get some more in a couple of weeks.

Anna - it really is not that difficult, the most frustrating part is the WAITING in between each step, lol! I felted my first bag over the weekend and I am ready to pull my hair out waiting for the silly thing to dry!

That's awesome. I just received some yarn to dye for and I'm nervous. Yours is really cool :clap

Your yarns look fantastic! I really like the colors on the second one. I tried 4 times to dye my own yarn with Koolaid and the results are all ugly, so I'm temporarily giving up. Maybe one day when I can actually watch somebody like you doing it . . .

Archived