Finally Posting! Cable Purse

gretelgrrl

Hello... it's about time that I posted this!

I made this purse from Nina Kate's pattern. I changed it slightly to make it wider and shorter.

e738a72b.jpg

My sister loves her purse!

Thanks for the pattern, Nina Kate... and thanks for looking. If I get a better picture (where you can see the cables, I will repost).

Love it ... that is what I am going to do for my 2 dds and my niece for Christmas this year. They are late 20's early 30's. It isn't Christmas at our home without me crohceting them something.. or they let me know lol !! I have seen those for over $150.00 on some web sites.. Just got to find a patten here I already ordered handles last week. Thank you for sharing the picture of your very pretty purse.

:manyheart:yay

Hummywinger, just use the pattern from Nina Kate -it works really well. I also referenced my Encyclopedia of Crochet book - which helped me make it shorter and wider.

As for the handles, I got them from Joann's, but they only had them in Rattan. I wanted a darker wood, so I painted them with dark brown and light brown paint. Then I put a gloss on them.

The project only took a few hours. It was really quick and made for a great gift. Seriously, my sister loves it!

And yeah- the designer ones are $200!!! Check out this site...

I did mine in Red Heart and used less than 1/2 a skein. The stitching is tight, so I didn't feel like I had to line it. The handles cost about $6. So, in total, it was about $8 if that. Definitely looks like it's worth more than that!:yay

Good luck with yours- I'm sure your daughters will love it!

Wow I love it. I must try that, my daughter would love one of these. I should make one to mail her for her birthday. :manyheart

Archived