Fundraiser for Diabetes

yarnlover66

As many of you know, I lost my sister in law Olivia in November in a tragic accident caused by her diabetes. She was only 26 and expecting their first baby. My brother, her husband, has gotten together with several others to have a fundraiser to raise money for the Diabetes Foundation on April 8th. There is going to be an auction, live bands and food. They are calling the fundraiser "SONGS FOR OLIVIA & A CURE".

The auction is going to consist of donated items. A lot of them are going to be handmade. My brother would like for me to make some crocheted items. I’m not sure what I should make that would bring in any money at auction, plus what would be nice for the time I have. I only have about a month. I work full time and am a single mom. Any suggestions? Ponchos? Doilies?

Also if anyone wants to donate any items to be auctioned off you can email me at t.kahler@mchsi.com to make arrangements for my address. That’s not what I’m here asking for, but in case anyone is interested.

Thanks so much everyone!

Teresa

Teresa, how about asking for squares to be worked up into an afghan? Something like that I'm sure would do well at the fundraiser, because of the unique nature of. Also, that helps take some of the pressure off you to make several items because of your schedule.

BTW, if you do decide to do something like that, I'd be happy to contribute. Diabetes has touched my life too, although in a different way: I have a diabetic cat, and I've been having a difficult time getting him regulated on insulin. His diagnosis has made me a lot more aware of the disease in general.

Hi Teresa Hope you & your Brother are doing a little better now :hug What a special way to remember Olivia.I will think of something to send for you to auction off :hook You know diabetes is a constant part of my life and I would love to help you out.

You could make a whole set of kitchen stuff and add some other goodies and put them all in a basket.Also you could do the same for baby items and bath things.

Terese, shylen (my sister) know what you are going though for we lost our brother back in 99 to Diabetes:(:( he was only 30!

I would love to donate something to help you out with this!! I will see what I can work up in a hurry here for you:hug

Scarves might be a good idea. I am going to try to make a doily, but scarves would work up quickly.

Thanks for your donations. If anyone else wants to donate...please contact me. The more stuff we have the more successful we will be at raising money for the Diabetes Foundation.

I would love to help you out. I am a diabetic as well. I take 2 shots a day and am a single mother. I have taught my children very early on what to do incase they ever can't wake mom up. When you sit and think about it, it is really very scary the things that can go on and how much you should know. My best friend just past away in October 2005 from a diabetic coma. He was only 31. If you send me your address and a date that you need things by, I would love to help. Not sure what I will contribute yet, but will definately contribute helping.

send me your address, please. i'll send you something. i just haven't decided what yet. maybe a purse or tote bag? hmmm:scrachin

• 3 weeks later...

Archived