Dad's Heart Surgery Pillow

Her

Hello all. I used the Pieces of my Heart Pillow pattern by Melissa Mall (on CrochetMe). This was a stash reduction project for me. I used Phentex Chunky and a 5.00 mm hook.

Heart surgery patients are given a pillow to clutch to their chest when coughing. I thought it would be nice/comforting for Dad to have one made by me. Click on the photo to go to my blog and see a bigger version.

The maple leaf was added on because my dad loves the Toronto Maple Leafs. The pattern is from Haute Crochet in the freebies section. My dad loves his pillow and shows it to everyone with pride.

I made it as a symbol for him to remember to take care of his heart for all his girls (there are no boys in our family except Dad! and our husbands!). He also uses a heart with an arrow through it for his signature on our cards. This is reserved for his girls only. So, in a way, this pillow is a symbol of that as well and serves as my own "signature". The maple leaf was really just to make it a little less "girlie" and a little more "manly" (because of the pink).

His surgery is this week. Go Dad Go!!

heartpillowsm.jpg

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift. He is sure to love it. (I see he already has the pillow.) I hope his surgery goes well. :hug My Grandpa had triple bypass surgery and lived for many years after that.

Tina

Thank you so much to you both. Although I know he'll be better than ever after his triple (possibly quadruple) bypass, it's still tough getting through this part. I appreciate your kind words very much.

Excellent job, a great present !!!

Thanks. I just love your little pic there!

Heart surgery patients are given a pillow to clutch to their chest when coughing. I thought it would be nice/comforting for Dad to have one made by me.

His surgery is this week. Go Dad Go!!

heartpillowsm.jpg

What a fantastic idea! :yay I wish I'd thought about that for my sister's heart by-pass last fall. I know your Dad must have been very touched. I hope things went well for him. It's a long recovery, but a loving family like yours will make a huge difference.:hug

Yes, Go, Dad, go!

• 2 weeks later...

Melissa, thank you so much for a great pattern :) Everyone on his unit wanted one! Would be a lovely charity item. :)

Archived