Ott-Lights - Are they worth it?

donnalynn2

I have been seriously considering getting one of these lights and am wondering if anyone on here has one and can offer some opinions.

I need really good light due to my eyesight being bad for up close work and have wondered if this would be a good investment. They are a little pricey but if it's worth it then I'll start placing the idea in DH's head...

Any pros or cons would be appreciated!

I got mine at JoAnn's with a 50% coupon and it is one of the best things I've ever gotten as far as crafting tools go. They are not cheap but they sure make your eyes happy!

GET ONE!

I got one about a month ago on 50% off clearance at JoAnn's. I got a small one but it puts out a lot of light. I would definitely recommend it!

My hubby got me a knock off for Christmas from Big Lots for 30.00. That way he hads lots of money for other goodies:devil

It's a floor lamp, 27 watts. I love it!

I have a small off-brand that is at my sewing machine table. It's great! When I do thread crochet I move it to my couch side table where I crochet. It really helps see those small stitches. I would love to have a floor style so I don't have to keep moving mine.

I hear that almost the minute a person turns 40 they need reading glasses :eek Well I'll be 40 this year but haven't found reading to be a problem yet. In the last couple of years I have a real hard time with light though if it's slightly dark I have a real hard time seeing to crochet or read :( So I've considered getting one of these lights too. Thanks for the info I just may have to ge me one of these lights.

I have a table Ott that I ALWAYS use for scrapbooking and cardmaking.......but.........I've NEVER even thought of using it when I crochet! I must get out a lot of "stuff" with the first two hobbies but I can just sit down and crochet anywhere!

With our long winter nights in Wisconsin, I couldn't make it with out my crochet light! My husband hates it because it doesn't match the living room decor...but seeing my crocheting is more important to me that style!

Mine is an E-Z Reader natural sunlight table lamp with a goose-neck that I got a local hardware store's lighting department.

I don't know if it is the natural sunlight or the additional hours of crocheting I did this winter, but I didn't seem to get very depressed this winter. Southeners won't know what I'm talking about, but those of you who leave for work in the dark and return home in the dark, know what I mean by winter depression.

Over 50? Get a natural sunlight lamp and a good pair of cheap reading glasses on a chain and you'll enjoy your crocheting a lot more!

DonnaLynn,

I got this one last week for $35.99 and free shipping.

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=113710&PRODID=138799

With JoAnns you have to watch for sales.

I like the flexibility of this less expensive Ott Light (can't say cheaper, cause it isn't cheap). I can adjust it to where I need the light to shine. It is easy and light to move.

I really do like it and took a long time for me to justify spending the money for it. I know I'm going to cringe everytime I need to buy a replacement bulb though.

Archived