Turn-of-the-Century

jpr54_

Bill has posted the new crochet hooks-

I ordered a 9mm hook-

I can hardly wait for it to arrive-

a very satisfied customer singing praises for their great craftsmanship

I have used a G hook with the Red Heart Plush. That is acturally 4 strands of fluffy yarn woven together. It worked great. It was very smooth and did not catch as much as my other hooks.:hook

I love the two I purchased last year.

I have used a G hook with the Red Heart Plush. That is acturally 4 strands of fluffy yarn woven together. It worked great. It was very smooth and did not catch as much as my other hooks.:hook

I love the two I purchased last year.

Thanks for the info :) I wasn't sure I wanted to make the investment if I wasnt sure about the catch factor :)

i cant stand a bates hook.. that is why i guess i love TOTC so much they are boye style hooks..

i love every last one of mine and it is taking all the will power i have not to go scoop up a few more.. like i need more.. GAH!

i dont think you would be disappointed in your purchase.. that is for certain

I finally took the plunge and ordered - and I am totally hooked! Yup, that pun was fully intended!

Preparing for my Crochet Olympic challenge, I worked up a gauge swatch for my afghan project a few days ago, using a K TOTC hook. The afghan is made with Jiffy and Homespun yarns and I had no problems whatsoever working either of them with the hook. I'm dying to dig into the pattern and get that hook a'flyin'! Only a few more days now... :hook

You can see a pic of my new hooks (also got a Jimbo hook with another to arrive later, went for broke on the wood, lol!) in this post on my blog. One of my biggest issues - and the primary reason that motivated me to get these hooks - was the warmth factor. I've been sitting hard on my thermostat this winter to keep my heating costs under control, but that has meant that I've been finding it nearly impossible to keep my hands warm, especially when crocheting with aluminum hooks. My hands are actually warming up and staying more limber when I work with the wood, because it holds the heat so nicely! I :bheart my wood hooks!

I use my TOTC P and Q hooks constantly - well, when I need P and Q hooks. I don't think I even have plastic P or Q hooks any more. I've not had a problem with snagging at all.

I've found the same thing with my wood hooks and I just adore them.

I have some Brittany hooks and have had to modify the hook part because I prefer the Boye type - it only takes a little sanding and then rubbing with a smooth cloth to make them more user friendly.

My TOTC hooks are so incredibly perfect just as they are-I just love using them. My hands stay warm and I tend to hold my hook a little looser, eliminating the cramps I used to get in my hands, especially when using smaller hooks. I've been crocheting for over 30 years and didn't get my first wood hook until December. Now, unless I don't have a wood hook in the size I need, I will ONLY use wood. One of these days, some Jimbo hooks are going to join the collection.

I recently misplaced my wood J and have had to use an aluminum Boye hook in LB Homespun yarn and it's been a miserable experience! The wood just slides through the Homespun but the aluminum gets hung up in splits almost every stitch!

THIS is what a dogwood dream look like:

I bought the N dogwood hook from Bill to tide me over until I can get back home to gather some dogwood for my dogwood hook from Jimbo.

Is she not beautiful???

65b3f552.jpg

And she shall be called Nellie.:hook

Holy moly, Kari, that is one heck of a gorgeous hook! I saw only one dogwood hook at his sight and it was gone.

I recently ordered a few more from him and they (I think) are lost in the mail:( :( :( :( This makes me so extremely sad. That something so beautiful should be lost in the postal system is terrible! Needless to say, Bill at TOTC has been very responsive and we are working out a deal for replacements if they don't show up by next week. Of course, I think I'll have him add at least one more to the package...

Love these hooks!

Edit... darn it all if there weren't some dogwood hooks left so I had to get me a P! And, of course, had to get a nice wood N while I was at it.... oh, the power of the wood hook is sucking me in!

Archived