Charity Lapghan #1

yarncat

This is my first completed lapghan for charity this year.I used my Ripple pattern and yarn from a yardsale(yellow & white) and some donated by my friend,SusieQ(medium purple).I call it "Pansy " ripple because of the colors.

LapRipplePansy.jpg

Pic shows lapghan folded in half.The colors are the same on the other end.

Last year,I made 22.

Wow, it's lovely, Catherine, so sunshiny and happy. Great job! My first Project Linus blanket this year turned into a toy box cover for me because it turend out way too narrow for its length )that's because I decided to knit one--my first knitting project--and boy, was I off in yarn needed and length). But that's okay, it was a learning experience and now I'm back to crocheting and happy. Such a cheery blanket--it'll bring someone smiles. Patty

Love the colors, and the name!! What size do you use for your lapghan's. I've not made any and am cluesless on size...except smaller than an afghan and bigger than a baby blanket??

Thanks

This is my first completed lapghan for charity this year.I used my Ripple pattern and yarn from a yardsale(yellow & white) and some donated by my friend,SusieQ(medium purple).I call it "Pansy " ripple because of the colors.

LapRipplePansy.jpg

Pic shows lapghan folded in half.The colors are the same on the other end.

Last year,I made 22.

Love the colors, and the name!! What size do you use for your lapghan's. I've not made any and am cluesless on size...except smaller than an afghan and bigger than a baby blanket??

Thanks

Thanks!

I make lapghans anywhere from 25" x 35"(wheel chair) to 30" x 40". I do use baby blanket patterns,if the pattern calls for worsted yarn.I have also used patterns for 2-strand afghan,but use 1 strand and an I hook.

Thanks!

I make lapghans anywhere from 25" x 35"(wheel chair) to 30" x 40". I do use baby blanket patterns,if the pattern calls for worsted yarn.I have also used patterns for 2-strand afghan,but use 1 strand and an I hook.

Thanks Yarn Cat, appreciate the info. Loved cruising around your page looking at your pictures. Cone hat made to look like CandyCorn....Tooo funny!!!:clap

That is great! And you did 22! last year?! :eek Wow... I just started one, the Rainbow Tears Afghan (chained 100 instead, I think, to make it lapghan size). I think I'll do a ripple next time. Tina

Yes,22 last year.Don't know how many I'll get done this year.I already have 4 more in the works.I'll check out that Rainbow Tears you're trying.

how pretty. i like to do afghans, but i get bored after it gets so big. i'll do lapghans instead. quicker and for a good cause.:yay

Lapghans do work up faster.I made 2 afghans as Christmas gifts and they took FOREVER!!

Archived