Yarn, in the spirt of what do you want post

How about yarns what would you like to see something new?

My question for years is how come baby yarn only comes in baby colors it drives me nuts! Also the cottons in limited colors. The foofy yarn I call it.. the fun fur types taking over the shelves and expensive has also taken over the shelves.

I would like to see a soft aryclic blends I like simply soft but it splits. I like redheart but sometimes feels rough. The ones I like are very expensive to do a project with. So along with some patterns how about some changes in the yarns with affordable prices. Some nice textures some colors.... what do you think?

I agree. Those fuffy yarns are taking over everything. I kind of like Simply Soft. It is a bargain, but I'm not really happy with the finished product. I hope the yarn companies come up with some new acrylics that are soft and economical and a variety of colors.

True, cotton on cones are the cheapest, but most stores around here only carry white and maybe one type of variagated....two choices isn't good.

I think a good idea would be to make novelty fibers more available. Then you can make your own mixes. I've been looking for a bit of lurex or shorter lash that I can add to a project to jazz it up a bit, but no luck.

Well I found the Bernat "Satin" which has replaced Simply Soft in my life. It is soft and looks richer when made up.

I agree that I would love to see cotton yarns in more colors, especially the kind on the cones.

I have, however, used TLC's "Cotton Plus", a cotton acrylic blend that I like very , very much and it comes in nice colors. I like that it has a bit of "give" too.

My big wish though is to see more kinds of yarn in big skeins/cones...saves all that joining and weaving!:D

My question for years is how come baby yarn only comes in baby colors it drives me nuts!

My solution for this is to use "washable, easy to take care of yarn in the right gauge and colors that I like for baby stuff."

There are a fair number of baby yarns that do come in non-baby-colors -- Dalegarn's Baby Ull is one example and Rowan's 4 ply Cotton and 4 ply Soft are two other examples.

Well I found the Bernat "Satin" which has replaced Simply Soft in my life. It is soft and looks richer when made up.

Where do you get the "Satin"? I got one skein from an Elf :hug on the Christmas wish list and I love it but have never seen it around here.

I too would like to see a better quality/softness in just good ole acrylic. I have access to pretty much anything you could want via the local yarn store and ebay, but I have never really seen a good quality soft acrylic. Caron SS is nice but is too flimsy for most afghans. Red Heart is rough. TLC Essentials is better but not by much...

I agree with "Luv", Bernat Satin is a wonderful, affordable 100% acrylic that comes in some incredible colors. I bought quite a few balls when I went home to Canada for Christmas but now that I'm back in California can I find it? Noooo.

I see it occasionally on eBay and I tried Herrschners (sp?), they had it in ONE color. I want my Bernat Satin !!!

:angry

i have to agree with jess about the "baby yarn" thing.. and if you really wanna use some nicer stuff for baby why not use KPPPM ..

i dotn have wants for yarns.. the ones i buy are the ones that i love.. i am not a huge novelty yarn girl .. i like a little here and there for accent.. but honestly give me the tried and trues.. and use your stitches to make your project sing

hmm...would like to see that Bernat Satin too. Personally my tastes are leaning much more towards natural fibers of late, probably because I'm spinning. I tend to use wool-ease in place of rh now. I'm looking for good smooth, non-pilling cottons in gorgeous colors, wool/cotton blends, wool/silk blends, and baby alpaca. My favorite yarns pretty much reside at Brooks Farm and Knitpicks.com! I'd rather make fewer projects in excellent quality yarns than a oodles of stuff I can't stand after a week or so of use.

Archived