Pillow Pet -- Anyone ever made one?

Everyday Crochet

This is a Red Heart booklet I got a couple of years ago. I've never made one before, but would like to make one for my niece's b-day later this month. There are 7 different pillow pets. A duck, turtle, bear, lion, dinosaur, pig and cat.

I hope it's o.kay that I scanned the cover? If not let me know and I'll remove the thread.

I haven't made one, but I remember the booklet~ I could kick myself for not getting one! (Though I won't because that would hurt!) Be sure to show us your finished product!!! Which one are you planning to make? If you hadn't noticed, I'm partial to kitties!

Katie:cat

Hi! :)

Your thread is okay, but the scanned image is not, so I removed the image.

Here's a link to an ebay auction for the booklet. It's the only link I could find to the booklet in a quick search, but it gives us something to look at.

O.kay, thanks Tiffany. Could you tell me the rule behind it? Just curious... not debating just wanting to know what's acceptable and what's not and how to determine it?

Thanks for doing the search and finding a picture for me... maybe one of the ladies above will bid on the one on ebay. :hook

Hi Theresa have you thought about designing your own? They don't look like theres a lot in them, You could draw an outline on paper and crochet to fit it. Then you could crochet eyes nose and mouth that you like and put your stuffing in. You could do it and make the animal the child likes in their favourite colors. Or let the kid help you design what they want. I did that with a friends daughter one year and she loved it cause she helped design it.

O.kay, thanks Tiffany. Could you tell me the rule behind it? Just curious... not debating just wanting to know what's acceptable and what's not and how to determine it?

Thanks for doing the search and finding a picture for me... maybe one of the ladies above will bid on the one on ebay. :hook

Here is a link to the Rules thread where it's discussed. The best way I can describe why it's not okay is that the photo is also under a copyright, so posting it is a violation of the photo's copyright, or something thereabouts. I hope this helps. :)

O.kay, thanks. I will remember this. I guess I was thinking that I had seen others do it to show a picture of the finished product (?) but at any rate, I completely understand.

So... it is o.kay to find a photo somewhere else? Just not scanning it myself?

You'll probably find websites that offer it for sale and you can provide a link to that site, just don't post the photo from that site. As far as ebay is concerned, I don't know how that works with photo scanning and such. But, my knowledge is highly limited, and I recommend looking at the Rules section of the board for links to sites which do cover copyright information, or ask a copyright attorney, but they can be rather expensive.

I have made several of these (cat, lion, pig and dinosaur) in different sizes (the pattern is for a travel size pillow that is not easy to find). They turn out very nice and are awfully cute. It is all single crochet so they can get a little boring to make but the tight weave is important for coverage over the pillow. I made these many years ago so I don't have a picture (and probably could not figure out how to post it if I did have one). For the price of this booklet I would think it would make the project a lot simpler than winging it unless you are a fast designer.

EugeneClarence

• 4 weeks later...

I finished mine and made a few small changes to it. You can see it here.

It was fun, but I probably wont make one again for awhile. All that crocheting in the round, marking rows and sc are enough for me. I've moved to some variety with the Scripture afghan. :) My niece loved it though. That is all that mattered to me.

Archived