Hello!

hamlette2002

Wow, what an amazing community!

Hi, I'm hammie! I'm a stay-at-home mom of two, a phlebotomy student (school starts on the 24th for me!), and a hobby crocheter. Most of the gifts I gave for Christmas last year were crocheted - a lapghan that I made from a baby blanket pattern, a mile-a-minute afghan, a bed pocket/book & glasses caddy, and a poncho with a matching handbag. My best friend and I have worked on a couple of projects together, putting our heads together to figure out the tough parts (mostly her brilliance figuring it out though!). Now that the holidays are over, it's nice to be back to relaxed crafting, and I'm enjoying it more now that I don't have a deadline!

Hello hammie, welcome to Crochetville.

I hope your studies go well. A good phlebotomist makes a lot of difference between an upsetting experience and a peaceful one. Ask me how I know - 6 pregnancies and with the last two, fasting blood sugars with follow-ups every 30 minutes for 3 hours! OK TMI, sorry!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here on the boards! :welcome

Believe me, I know! My hysterectomy didn't exactly go according to textbook. To make a long story short, I had to have blood drawn several times a day. One phlebotomist was so bad that the very last time she came into my room was the time that I told her she'd better send someone else in, or I was going to practice on her...maybe I'll meet her again after I get my certification! LOL!

Archived