Hat-a-Week

Croshay

This is completely off the subject, and hopefully I don't do something that isn't allowed. But I was wondering if most of you have your own blogs. And how to start one, and set it up.

Patty in MI

I don't know how many of us have blogs.. but it seems many do.

A really easy one to setup is at http://www.blogger.com. It has templates already for you and it's free. (I'm a bit partial to blogger 'cause that's where mine lives, link in my sig. line)

LiveJournal also does blogs, but they're a little harder to learn.

Some people use Yahoo 360, but I'm not very fond of their setup when I visit those blogs, but that's JMO.

Why not do a google search for "Free Blogging tools" or "free blogging" and see what you like? I'm assuming you'd want free to start with.. (to see if you like blogging).. later you could move to a pay scheme if one of those would fit your needs better.

Hope this helps a little

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're having a very cold snap here for east texas.. and my son grabbed the Lunatic (spike stitch) hat to wear today!! I just had to mention that.. it's gotta be cold for him to wear a hat.. he's a hot natured person.

I'm behind on the weekly hats.. trying to work on the Olympic baby blanket and some other things. I am printing the patterns out and will get to them asap.

Stay warm everyone!! (My job isn't open till noon today!.. going back to sleep)

Finished my week 8 hat last night! It was very quick! And I also got a treat in the mail. I had ordered a mannequin head off of ebay and it came! Now I don't have to torture my kids....LOL Will get pics posted soon!

Photogenic....love the beanie! What kind of yarn did you use?

It looks like Moda Dea Sassy Stripes (don't know the name of the colorway though) to me. Am I right? :)

It looks like Moda Dea Sassy Stripes (don't know the name of the colorway though) to me. Am I right? :)

Yup! I love the stuff! I got several skeins last year when my Michaels had it on closeout. Now I'm wishing I had a lot more. I really love it! :manyheart

I'm not sure if this is my week 6, 7 or 8 hat. I think week 6. Well really, I have no idea. Anyway, this is from "The Little Box of Crocheted Hats and Scarves." The pattern is called Windy City Chicago and I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease. I went up a hook size (from G to H) as my tension is usually too tight. However, it would appear I was quite relaxed when I made this ...

lydia1.jpg

Miss Lydia No Face looking more "Southern Belle" than Windy City.

lydia2.jpg

There are two rows of V-stitch and then hdc for the remainder of the hat. Except for the crab stitch around the edge. I'm still not sure if I did that right but oh well, it's done.

April I love the hat and Miss Lydia No Face i keep meaning to get one i use an old flower vase right now to take pics of my hats.

Cheryl cute hats and cute kids.

Jen the beanie in adorable my son just lost his favorite beanie and i just made that one for him so i guess i get to make another.

Melissa baby helmet of Genghis Khan is so cute.

I love the pictures everyone has been posting. The crochet olympics has put me under a great deal of "crocheting" stress. Another source of stress is that we are having part of our roof redone. The girls and I keep praying that it won't rain until they are all done. I just finished up week #7 hat yesterday and I hope to start week #8 hat today. So much to crochet and never enough time!

Hello, Ladies! :waving I thought I'd stop in and say HELLO since I've been so scarce lately. I'm up to my eyeballs in things to do, and unfortunately, crocheting has been shoved to the back burner for now. I'm also still having a lot of trouble with my stomach. My dr. has had 2 tests done on my gall bladder - which both showed up fine, by the way - and she still thinks that's the problem. I'm going to see a gastroenterologist on Friday, and he'll probably do a "scope" soon after that. And that's on top of trying to get our house ready to sell, looking for one to buy, my husband starting a new managerial position that he hates, taking care of 4 kids....etc.....so Karin...while you're praying for that roof, say one for me too! :) Actually, the past few days I've been so miserable/nauseous that I'm not doing much of anything but laying here and feeling sorry for myself. So I'm stressed and getting depressed... :(

Ktornatola - I keep forgetting to tell you that I've gotten so many compliments on the beach ball hat you sent! Natalie's been wearing it & it's just adorable! She picks it up & tries to pull it over her head...too cute. (She'll be a year old next week.)

Thank you again! :hug

Croshay, so sorry to hear you're under the weather; perhaps all your stomach troubles are stress...sounds like you've got lots on your plate righ tnow. Take care and know we're all pulling for you.

I did the kid version of this week's hat. I think the ribbed edging really makes it look "girly." JMHO of course. I tried to get DS to model it for me, but he was very uncooperative. Maybe he thought it looked too girly too? Lol!

Since DS wouldn't even let me put it on him (believe me, I tried!) I had to find another model. THIS one at least had a pleasant attitude about the whole thing.

103183516_fcf80144c6_m.jpg

Heavens....I **really** need to get a decent mannequin head!

Jen, I love the yarn you used. C'mon, don't be a yarn tease - tell us what it is.

:)

Actually, it was just Red Heart in Navy Blue and Kaladescope. At first I thought the Kaladescope was kinda ugly, but I think paring it with the Navy helped tone down the "shock" factor. :hook

The super simple hat. I've had it finished for a while but haven't felt much like posting it. I haven't felt much like doing anything. It's the February blues!

Melissa I know just what you mean about the February Blues I have it too haven't felt like doing much of anything I havent even been crocheting and that is just sad. I haven't even gone yarn shopping and I have money! That is scary! I hope this doesn't last too long........:sigh

Melissa I know just what you mean about the February Blues I have it too haven't felt like doing much of anything I havent even been crocheting and that is just sad. I haven't even gone yarn shopping and I have money! That is scary! I hope this doesn't last too long........:sigh
It is a difficult time to manage but I have to make myself do things. Particularly laundry. Have to have something to wear to work.

NC is a fairly warm place and I simply don't want to go ANYWHERE. It's not like the weather keeps me home. I'm like you. I don't even want to go yarn shopping but unlike you, I won't have money 'til Tuesday. I will probably go to the LYS on Friday. Maybe I'll get some inspiration. :sigh

I finished week #8 hat today. I really liked this hat. But I used an N hook and made the child's version and the hat was too big for my daughters. It did fit me perfectly. Unfortunately, I live in Tucson, Arizona so the times that I can actually wear a winter hat are few and far between. Hope everyone is enjoying this CAL. I sure am.:)

I finished week #8 hat today. I really liked this hat. But I used an N hook and made the child's version and the hat was too big for my daughters. It did fit me perfectly. Unfortunately, I live in Tucson, Arizona so the times that I can actually wear a winter hat are few and far between. Hope everyone is enjoying this CAL. I sure am.:)
I AM enjoying it. I really like using up my yarn stash! Hopefully, it will be all used up soon and maybe I'll be up to a yarn shopping excursion. :D

The super simple hat. I've had it finished for a while but haven't felt much like posting it. I haven't felt much like doing anything. It's the February blues!

Nice hat Melissa! Plus I wanted to let you know that I'm right there with you on the February Blues page. Luckily March is right around the corner. :hug

Archived