Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer :cheer :cheer:yay :yay :yay:cheer :cheer :cheer

Cheryl... that is stunning! It is so fun to see someone else's take on the project! Your girls are going to fight over it!

Danielle... your's is lovely, too! Most of the time it seems like stitches get lost in varigated yarn but your placement of the colors is really nice and looks great!

Olga mines seems to be a little wonky on the last few rounds. I may be doing some froging :( But you deffinatly have way more nerve than i do in the froging department.

You inspire me to keep going...right now i'm on the first row of cross stitches and it's looking good till now(knock on wood).I keep insisting on making this one because I really want this and because I know i'm doing it right.But anyway...i'll get it....you'll see.!! :hook

A little wonky is ok..but , way to much wonky...i don't think so..:lol it was really way , way to off.

Olga mines seems to be a little wonky on the last few rounds. I may be doing some froging :( But you deffinatly have way more nerve than i do in the froging department.

Thanks Dannielle...I'm gonna need all the luck I can get....it's already starting to look funny on the corners so i'm not gonna get my hopes up too high. You know...after me completing the 63 squares and the taz afghan ...I thought I could conquer this...but:( ..oh well...as they say "IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, TRY , TRY AGAIN" and I am about to change that saying to.."IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED ,TRY ONCE MORE OR TWICE...IF NOT...THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE AND TRY SOMETHING ELSE".:lol

I hope you get it this time Olga. I would hate to see you have to frog it again. So Good luck :)

Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

Welcome to the group !

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself ,and also what colors you are choosing for your afghan .

If anyone is having trouble locating the pattern, contact me . Leisure Arts Leaflet 2159 Scrap Yarn Afghans 2 or it is also in Afghans for All Seasons - Book 1

I am very excited to get to meet you all and make a beautiful afghan in the process !

-------------------

I made this pattern about a month ago, in bright primary colors. It looks like a box of crayons. I stopped at around round 70, because it was the size I wanted (toddler size, 50x50). I'll be sending it to NC to my sister to donate to Project Linus, but I plan to take a picture of it before I do. I don't have a digital camera, but I love that I can turn in film and get a CD of my pictures.

I've loved looking at the pictures of everyone's projects so far, and I'm tempted to make another one of these some day. I actually have enough scraps set aside to do a second one, all in warm, fall colors, but I have a few other projects planned that I want to work on first.

My only complaint, if you will, is how many rows of sc are used for foundation rows. I find them to be a lot of work for little payoff, so to speak, and subbed hdc instead for those rows.

Renee

My only complaint, if you will, is how many rows of sc are used for foundation rows. I find them to be a lot of work for little payoff, so to speak, and subbed hdc instead for those rows.

Renee

I never thought of that!! I was thinking of my next one in purples/lilacs with a touch of lime in a J hook for a bedspread -- the hdc would add just a *bit* more each time - PERFECT!!

Good thinking!!! And :welcome to C'ville!!

poor Olga....my thoughts are with you

I never thought of that!! I was thinking of my next one in purples/lilacs with a touch of lime in a J hook for a bedspread -- the hdc would add just a *bit* more each time - PERFECT!!

Good thinking!!! And :welcome to C'ville!!

poor Olga....my thoughts are with you

------------

Thanks, Cristin! My sister had made one of these last year, and when we were talking about it, I told her about the sub, and she thought it was a good idea, too. I kept giving her updates on my progress, and she said it inspired her to make another one. As soon as I get a picture of mine, I'll post it. I love bright tie dye, and I think this blanket has that look about it: red, blue, purple, white, peach, yellow, green, and lime green.

Renee

Welcome, Renegade and thanks for the idea. I'm making mine in a sock weight alpaca and need a way to make it larger. That will work well!

Wow - a lot has happened on this thread since I last posted. What beautiful beginning and finished afghans everyone - Danielle and Madelyn , and Cheryl and Mare. It's amazing how different this one can look depending on the colors and it always seems to look great.

I am so happy to have started mine, but I am only on row 15. I am trying to work on my other UFO's too. I am not sure I like my color combo yet, but I think I need to do a bit more to see. (I hope mine is not the exception to looking great). I really love coming to this thread to see all the Works in Progress. I will have to post a picture of mine soon. Happy hooking everyone!

Poor Olga- I sure hope you can get this figured out this time. I keep trying to figure out what might be happening with your corners to make it come out that way . I can't figure it out, though !

Renee, Thanks for the tip regarding the hdc's compared to the sc's. That IS a good idea !

Diane - I'm sure your afghan will be pretty ! Can't wait to see it when you get the chance to take a photo .

Renee

What a great idea! Thanks!

I know I haven't picked up this afghan this week. I have started a cross stitch piece for my parents' 60th anniversary and I have to have it done by the end of the month. So that is taking my attention right now. As soon as it's done, I'll be back to my afghan again!

:hook

Archived