Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I know there was a great, zoomable pic of this ghan from the pattern book on the board somewhere... if it was the one from the poll it isn't accessable any more. Does anyone know where this is?

Thanks!

I might just have to get going on this one... so much for waiting until next month, eh?

Julie-

There's a clickable photo of the afghan on Nancy's blog. Just find one of Nancy's posts and follow the link to her blog. (Nancy I hope this is OK?)

It's the second picture down, the one where you can see the UPC symbol from the leaflet in the upper right corner of the picture.

On my computer I can zoom in real large and really see each row.

Although I am not currently making this, I am following everyones progress on this afghan. Everyone I see is stunning! Love them all!

:) Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I still don't know what colors I will be doing, but as much as I can from my stash.

Nancy and Cristen - your afghans are beautiful. It's amazing how different everone's looks.

Cheryl - Ooooh - tropical colors! I can't wait to see them.

Well - I'd better get crocheting!:hook

Julie-

There's a clickable photo of the afghan on Nancy's blog. Just find one of Nancy's posts and follow the link to her blog. (Nancy I hope this is OK?)

It's the second picture down, the one where you can see the UPC symbol from the leaflet in the upper right corner of the picture.

On my computer I can zoom in real large and really see each row.

Although I am not currently making this, I am following everyones progress on this afghan. Everyone I see is stunning! Love them all!

No problem! I saw this and decided to post again so that JulieB could see it from my blog..

Huggers all! :hook

Here's a clickable pic Julie that you can really see it and not just the avatar that I made for it:

th_backcover.jpg

Lorraine and Nancy- THANK YOU! :hug It was Nancy's blog I had seen this on- I remember the yellow stripe. I didn't save it at the time because I told myself I would "be good" and wait to start this one. Well, it sat there in the back of my mind, and now here I am, sitting in the middle of my yarn saying, "Hmm, a little dark brown and navy and I can do this!"

I'm doing it pretty much in the same color scheme as the photo, except for the light green. It will be a yummy, subtle astro dyed neutrals/rose that I have been looking for an excuse to use. I'm using 1200-1450 ypp chenilles doubled with a J hook probably- it winds up tight and just about worsted gauge. And so soft! :c9

I'm planning on Friday (hopefully) and Saturday being marathon days. Of course, with five kids marathon days aren't as productive as I'd like, but I really want to get the medallion done.

OOO I'm so excited! And hubby is glad some of these giant cones of chenille will be losing weight. :eek

Thanks again for the pic- it is already set as my wallpaper for inspiration!

Nancy...That picture is great! I love the way you can really see it ...Thanks.

Hi Julie...I finally got back to my laces and bobbles and I am up to row 30...But as I am counting right now I am supposed to have 56 shells and leave it to me I have 55..:angry ....(@$#!%*&^%!):hook ..oh well...lets see where I goofed..:lol

Good morning gang

Let's start your day off with a bang ~ :2magic

Tell me your progress so far

And see who is going to get a gold star ! :sstar

I've worked my buns to the bone

Funny, they don't look any more toned ........

I'm on row 64

Think I can do more ?

Yes I can, as Bob the Builder would say !

Can you tell I hang out with a 3 year old all day ?:manyheart

Thanks for the compliments. I'm really liking this one. Funny, how as I get older, I see more and more of my color/decorating choices going towards what my mother used as I was growing up. LOL

Janey is just a sweetheart of a dog. (she even turned around about 4 times before she laid on it!! I think I'll have to make her a rug of her own now.)

I think I may make another one of these? Haven't completely decided yet. If I do I'll make it with purples/lilacs/ecru? and a touch of lime green with a larger hook for our bed.

I started row 35 last night, I am haveing so much fun with this! I think i am going to do one for my aunt in chenille t&q and just go until it gets big enugh to be a throw. She dosent loke big afghans. Cant wait to get a pic of mine to show off (although Yalls look better than mine:lol ) I have to git for now, Lilli is late for school!:eek

I didn't work on mine at all yesterday :( I'm only on round 43.

I showed my mom my afghan last night and she loved it. She was like hmmm I wonder what that would look like in the colors of my living room? :lol Do you think that was a hint? :lol I've been planning on making her an afghan and have been looking at 2 patterns, now I guess I should add this one to that list.

I didn't work on mine at all yesterday :( I'm only on round 43.

I showed my mom my afghan last night and she loved it. She was like hmmm I wonder what that would look like in the colors of my living room? :lol Do you think that was a hint? :lol I've been planning on making her an afghan and have been looking at 2 patterns, now I guess I should add this one to that list.

Oh yeah, that was definitely a hint. That's what happens when you show your work off. :D

Madelyn

Shelain -

The afghan is turning out to be much bigger than I thought it would-- so you could probably stop at about round 50 for a lapghan sized afghan !

Danielle - Yep, thats what happened to me, I had mine started in greens then my daughter in law saw it. Her favorite color is brown, so to make a long story short , my green one went to the Island of Misfit Projects and the brown one is the one I've been working hard on .

You both get gold stars too for working hard on your project and being dedicated posters--:mdust:sstar:mdust:sstar:mdust

Can I get a star for avidly lurking??? :devil

HOw about avidly drooling over yarn that I can't buy until next week? :drool

So, I think I have enough yarn to get me through to the navy blue row, then I'll just have to WAIT. Then, the darkest brown, and I'm in the clear.

I cn't believe I'm actually following the recommended colors on this one! It's just that they are the colors I happened to have and like. Something tells me I will be making more than one of these, though... :think

Have a great afternoon!

Archived