My Precious....

ok.. well every one that had gotten one of Jimbo's hooks had been raving..

so after emailing back and forth and some racy pics of my naked hands were taken and sent

this is what was made for me :

th_jimbohooktestdrive3.jpg

th_jimbohooktestdrive2.jpg

th_jimbohooktestdrive.jpg

its a random fruit wood.. and can i just say PERFECT.. and GORGEOUS.. i took three pictures so you could see it from all sides.. and hopefully you can see the streak of natural lilac colour running down the middle .. as well as the beautiful graining and bit of bark left on ..

here it is in action on my test drive

th_hookerinaction002.jpg

th_hookerinaction001.jpg

i used it to make my hat .. and all i can say .. is .. i am in love.. with my hook.. jimbo is already taken !! LOL this hook is a dream .. it couldnt have been more perfectly fitted to my hand had i been there .. i will definately be back for more !!

pics are clickable ..

Gorgeous gorgeous hook. I just love the look with the strip of bark left on, and you can definitely see the pale lilac color in the wood. What fascinates me though is the indentations Jimbo shaped into the shaft to fit your grip; it looks as though it would let you keep your hand more relaxed as you use it, did it? I tend to cramp up after crocheting a while and I'm wondering if something like that would relax my hands more.

That is a lovely hook. Nice to have a custom hook made to fit your hand, Now you will need one in each size as nothing else will feel as good. You are going to Keep Jimbo rather busy I think. Not just with yours but when everyone else has to have one too.

Lani

yes it did fell good.. i dont use a tight grip anyway .. well on my little steel hooks i do but not on the larger ones.. so this just let me relax even more ..

and

kathy .. yup Jimbo is gonna be busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest LOL and i already have plans for MORE !

i have to let him make a few for other ppl first though.. i cant be too greedy can i ?

That is a nice looking hook Beth, and custom made. I didn't know that anyone made such. I think I might like to give one of those guys a try. What hook size did you get for the first in your set (you know you are gonna get more now :lol)?

What would be a good size for someone to get first? You think that a J hook would be a good one to begin with (make a lot of scarves--J)?

Oh, i hoped that hook would fit your hand well.

Thanks sooooo much for this review. I hope the others' hooks fit as well and make beautiful things like you've already made with yours.

Thank you Elizabeth!!!

Archived