Circle rug for SMNYIL's dog

racerose

This is for the SMNYIL*'s dog, who currently sleeps on a ratty old rug. I used a vintage pattern, which is obviously just crocheting in the round.

Yarn: Caron Perfect Match, Lion Brand Wool-Ease, Red Heart

th_Picture011.jpg

*SMNYIL = Step-mother not-yet-in-law

That's very nice and very thoughtful!

(Of course, dogs can be difficult and may decide that he likes sleeping on his ratty old rug in preference to the nice one you made. :) But I'm sure the gift will be loved anyway!)

Those colors are great! I love my dog, but I can't bear to actually make her something she's just going to yuck up with her dogness. So, she sleeps on a thrift store blanket.

Anyway, I bet your smnyil will really love it and the effort you put into it.

I'd totally use it for a bathroom rug or something--the colors are so cheery!

Those I'd totally use it for a bathroom rug or something--the colors are so cheery!

I actually had someone make me a crocheted rug as part of the Holiday Gift Exchange that I'm using at my vanity, and I LOVE it ... it's soft and feels decadently warm underfoot.

And you know, I came back to look at this rug again precisely because like Aliciasjoy I was thinking about making one for not my dog (who has big fluffy beds in darned near every room in the house because heaven forbid she lie on the carpet, I mean, no way! one dog with 5 beds == prima donna IMO) but for me ... I'm wondering if you could make something similar to this out of wool and felt it. For a little bedside rug type deal, y'know? I may have to try this, I bet that exact pattern would felt up really pretty.

I'm wondering if you could make something similar to this out of wool and felt it. For a little bedside rug type deal, y'know? I may have to try this, I bet that exact pattern would felt up really pretty.

I think it would felt great. In fact, there's a similiar patten in the 2005 Interweave Crochet magazine for a felted round rug. I may have actually used that pattern... I can't remember b/c I didn't follow it completely...just used the pattern to start off the circles. Yeah, that's the pattern I used now that I think of it. And it's a really cute felted rug, so you should check it out...or just try it out on your own. Good luck!

Archived