kinda bummed

Well, I finally heard back from the very last editors about my dog bone mat pattern, and they don't want it either. They said that although they liked the design, they had no where to use it. Oh, well, at least they let me know. :cry

I know how you feel. :( I submitted my soap critters to Leisure arts and was informed that it would appeal to too small of a market.:think Goes with the territory I am afraid. Guess if we want to do this we have to get pretty thick skin.

Your design is great and you just need to find the right market for it. So don't give up and just keep sending it to whoever you can think of. Now I had best follow my own advice and do the same. :devil

Well, despite what the editors thought, I liked both of your designs just fine! So don't give up. :cheer

I agree 100% I really love them both. Try a animal magazine for your mat and try a childrens magazine for the soap figures. Who knows .Someone will be interested . You have my attention.:hug

Andrea, I can't believe they didn't want your pattern.....it was ingenius the way you made the corners.......well we all loved it and I'm sure there is a market for that pattern somewhere, you just haven't found it. One day when you're a famous designer they will be looking for any and all ideas that you had :hug

Kathy, they are idiots, no taste or imagination, your soap critters are beautiful, maybe if they were put in a book with your rose soap cover......a collection of soap covers? :hug You never know what will be the next big thing to hit!

Thank you ladies. I am so glad I shared the patterns with you, at least someone will enjoy them.

Kathy, I totally disagree with LA about them appealing to a small audience. They are lovely patterns, and really unique. I got the same response.

Oh well, it is nice to be appreciated here....your opinions mean a lot to me.:)

Thank you ladies. I am so glad I shared the patterns with you, at least someone will enjoy them.

Kathy, I totally disagree with LA about them appealing to a small audience. They are lovely patterns, and really unique. I got the same response.

Oh well, it is nice to be appreciated here....your opinions mean a lot to me.:)

I just can't believe it!:eek I've had several people see it on my blog and ask for the pattern!!!! Just keep trying! Someone with taste and sense will grab it right up. Please don't let it discourage you. You are talented!:hug

I agree with the other posts, really, there is a market for those kind of mats, even if you make them yourself and sell them at the local pet mart. There are many pet owners!!! I think it's clever and original. :tup

Dog people are nuts, trust me--I belong to a breed specific dog club, and man, those people will spend big bucks on what looks like the most ridiculous thing to me. So there is a market out there, just one those people are unfamiliar with. Keep plugging away at it--both of you have great patterns that people will want once they see them! Patty

I know how you feel. :( I submitted my soap critters to Leisure arts and was informed that it would appeal to too small of a market.:think

Very strange, considering just today at A.C. Moore, I saw on entire leaflet devoted to finger puppets. I'd think that would be in the same target market at your soap critters.

Kind of like the dog bone mat and how pet stuff is thrown into some of my pattern books. Desert Crocheter is right. If you find the right market, pet stuff will sell. I made some fabric dog and cat Christmas stockings and people have gone crazy over them. The ones in the stores are IMO nicer and almost always cheaper, but obviously people must like mine. I have four dogs and a cat I love dearly, but I wouldn't buy something like this. Still, there are a lot of people who would and do.

Hopefully in time, someone who "matters" will see both of your patterns and know the opportunitiy these other editors have passed up. Good luck to both of you.

Archived