What are you supposed to do with all those novelty yarns left over....

Like Lion Suede, fun fur.... I did see a scarf using those, and I saw the vest at Crochet Me today which I want to make. But what about the little bitty left overs.... I was thinking about making flowers you can pin on a hat or a scarf maybe. Any other ideas? :think I have half a skein of two different colors Suede (which don't 'go' together...)

Tina

I would just keep them in my stash. I'm often amazed at how I suddenly think of something that I really, really want to do with some yarn that I had given up on. You never know, suddenly you just find the perfect use for it. I have stopped trying to use up my stash, because it's a shame making something half hearted just to get rid of leftovers, when you will most likely get a good idea for it later if you just keep it. And having a stash rocks. I love my stash! :manyheart

You can use your scraps of fun fur or any other novelty yarn to trim scarves or ponchos. Maybe a bit of fun fur on a sweater sleeve and around the collar would be neat too!

Lynn

Is it the one from the Lionbrand site? I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

I'm mostly wondering what to do with the Lion Suede. I was thinking of a scarf, but I would need more 'scraps'.

Freeform embellishments come to mind! I'm making a scarf for my sister using the leftover yarn from her bag and my mom's--both from Lion Suede and Fancy Fur--because she likes funky scarves like that.

I would just keep them in my stash. I'm often amazed at how I suddenly think of something that I really, really want to do with some yarn that I had given up on. You never know, suddenly you just find the perfect use for it. I have stopped trying to use up my stash, because it's a shame making something half hearted just to get rid of leftovers, when you will most likely get a good idea for it later if you just keep it. And having a stash rocks. I love my stash! :manyheart

I've found that too- I've been looking through my stash and thinking I should really give some of the yarns away (I don't have a big stash cos space is a little limited) but then weeks, sometimes months later I see a project I want to make and that yarn I was going to give away cos I would never use it is perfect.

Is it the one from the Lionbrand site? I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

I'm mostly wondering what to do with the Lion Suede. I was thinking of a scarf, but I would need more 'scraps'.

The bags are actually from a leaflet I bought. 5 Bags to Crochet or something like that. I've made three of the 5 patterns already; Holiday has one and the other two I've made are for my sisters.

The Suede/Fancy Fur is called a bucket tote in the leaflet. It's really a joy to work up; I think it took me two nights--about 5 hours total.

Trim or hair for some finger or glove puppets?

If they are really itty-bitty scraps, do you know a daycare or kindergarten teacher who could use them for collage or other crafts?

I would use them all up in a shawl or tote bag that you have a base color and every other row is a different color or texture. Or use it in some freeform crochet. You'd be suprised what you can come up with if you think outside the box. Even some cushion covers, granny squares to swap, have a go!

Archived