Motif Handbag

Lavelle26

I have finally finished it. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I made it a bit bigger than this pattern called for. I used size 10 Aunt Lydia's thread and a size 5 hook. It took me about three days to complete it.

th_100_1409_edited.jpg

I think it needed to be blocked before peicing together because it doesn't hold its form. I may try that today.

I was also thinking of making a handle. What do you all think??? Should I make a handle? I think it would make the purse a little more practical.

Anna, I love it! I'd wanted to see that worked up; it's gorgeous. And yes, I would add a handle to it if I was going to use it for 'everyday'; I find that clutch bags are wonderful for evening but not all that practical for day-to-day life (for me, anyway!).

As for it holding its shape, I'm thinking blocking might have given it more of a defined shape to start with but it isn't going to help it hold its shape. Lining and interfacing is probably what would be needed for that. I've seen some folks here say they used plastic canvas at the bottom of felted bags or under the lining of those to help with that issue, too.

That turned out real nice, Anna! As far as a handle, my preference would be to definitely add one. But I hate having to hold onto anything, especially a purse, so take that for what it's worth, lol! I also agree with the lining and interfacing suggestion, that would be the best way to help it keep it's shape.

Somebody's gonna be real lucky this Christmas! :ctree

Anna you did such a good job on that handbag :manyheart wow who's the lucky lady that is getting that for Christmas??

I know you said you made it bigger that the pattern, is it bigger in width? Love the color too and I would like a handle on it if it were for me. You'll have to show us the updated picture if you do add one!! :hook

Okay, handle it is. I will add one in the next couple of days and post an updated picture of it when I am done.

The lucky lady reciving this purse is my good friend Ashlie who is in love with purses. (and shoes and clothes...lol)

Yes, I made it bigger in the width. The pattern called for four squares across and I made it six across. When I finished up the actual squares, four just seemed more like a coin purse than a handbag purse.

Thanks for all the kind compliments everyone. You all are too kind.:blush

Archived